Fact finding mission to buy land

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Robbie.F, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Robbie.F

Robbie.F Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are looking to move down in the next few months from northern Mexico. Looking to buy land 100x 100 meters or more if the price is right, it doesnt have to be near the beach but does need running water and electricity. Would prefere it without any gapping hole to fall into or open fresh water near by (yes i know the size of the mosquitoes down there).
    Any area considered if the price is write, Looking to set up a home and a dog shelter as well as other things. Wife would like some large trees on the land for shade and privacy. She is Mexician so no need for special paper work to buy the land.
    Right now as i said fact finding as i need to show her we can afford to do this but anyone that is willing to help us find what we are looking for at the right price will have faithfull clients when we get there.
    Many thanks in advance:mnm:

2. mikezee63

mikezee63 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alamos 1 has all the services etc., and Alamos 11 is getting there. You should be able to pick up 10,000 m2 for 5,000,000 or so.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,210 / 14
    10,000 square meters (hectare) is a serious piece of land and will come at a serious price by most peoples standards.

Prices will be cheaper the further south you go and the further from 'civilisation' i.e. nearest town, main roads etc you are - which of course means less chance of electricity. If out in the sticks then water is likely to be from your own well, mains water is confined to the larger built up areas.

To give you an idea on prices in Cancun, we own a plot which is 15 x 50 meters (750 square meters) in a nice area (Alamos II) but still as yet undeveloped with no water or electric. Those plots currently go for about 600,000 pesos i.e. 800 pesos a square meter. So a hectare in the same area would cost around 8 million pesos or about $650,000 US, cheaper if further back from the main road.

Further south, say around Tulum, I'd still expect prices to be 2.5 million pesos for a hectare without electric and water and probably a mile or two into the jungle.

The days of cheap land in this region are long gone I think.

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice