Dress Code

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by Stu Gots, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Stu Gots

Stu Gots Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Need tips on what to pack. Traveling with my brother and a female friend. Mostly wondering about dinner and nightlife.

2. ObiRey

ObiRey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    For most of the dinner restaurants, men are required to wear slacks and collared shirts. I had read that nice shorts were allowed to all but the French restaurant, but I got turned away at the Mexican restaurant to go change. My room was pretty close so it wasn't a big deal, but it also meant all the time I spent buying some shorts for "smart resort wear" were wasted.

I don't remember there being a "dress code" for the night club. Since I was already wearing slacks, I usually went out at night in the same clothes.

For women, anything dressy works. Sun dresses, cute outfits, long dresses, club wear, etc. Saw a pretty broad range.

3. Stu Gots

Stu Gots Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Great! Thank you

4. bababua

bababua Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It’s funny because I wanna I’ll likely pack shorts but won’t be wearing them if at all. It’s either swim shorts or pants at nite. I guess I could change back into shorts at note but that would require effort.

5. ObiRey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I only wore shorts on the day we left the property to visit the ruins. And travel days. The rest of the time I was indeed either wearing swim suit or slacks.

6. KCPhantom

KCPhantom Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Men are not required to wear slacks and a collard shirt. You can also wear jeans and non-collared shirts. Tanks and shorts are not allowed.

7. bababua

bababua Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I wore jeans and a nice vneck or whatever and nothing ever said. It might be how you wear it?

8. ObiRey

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I said slacks, I meant long pants. You're right that jeans are allowed. Sorry for confusion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice