Do I need to find a roommate/travel buddy?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by serenityatlast, Jun 15, 2016.

1. serenityatlast

serenityatlast Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi...This is will be my first solo vacation(recent divorce) and my 1st time at Tempations. As a female traveling alone I am wondering if it would be a good idea and if I should try to get someone to come with me. My first concern is safety, being a female traveling alone to another country. I will probably spend most of my time at the resort but I would like to do an excursion, take a cruise and maybe hit up a nightclub but I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb or be a target. Also I wanted Adults only, so I know with that comes mostly couples. I am sociable and love to meet new people but I also wouldn't want to be someone's 3rd, 5th 7th or 9th wheel or intrude on someone's romantic vacation.

For those who have been there before. Should I been concerned about being a single female there alone and will it be mostly couples and I may have a difficult time meeting people. I have seen a couple of threads by single men, but not any of single women. Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated [emoji4]

First solo vacation...here goes nothing!

2. John&Debbie

John&Debbie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    No worries. You'll be fine at the resort. Lots of couples for sure. As far as excursions are concerned, you have a plethora of choices. Being a single woman, you may want to make friends with a couple who can show you the ropes since so many women are not comfortable meeting single guys right off the bat. If you're an exception to this idea, them good for you girl! As far as being a 3rd wheel?? I doubt ANYONE would complain about a single woman (AKA Unicorn) joining in the fun! Feel free to reach out to anyone on this forum. We're all very open to making new friends. Enjoy!!

3. Soft&Strong

Soft&Strong Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read on the threads of a few single women going in September, solo as well as in groups. I would assume you are going to have a great time as they've mentioned this not being their first trip to Temptation. I would say go enjoy yourself and I'm sure you'll have a blast. I'll be there September 16-19

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

4. scollins73

scollins73 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    I went solo last year and am going solo again this year. I pretty much hung it by myself but met s wonderful guy from England my second day there. We had a great time. The night life is great, everyone is nice and respectful and I always made it back to my room safely. Some guys were pushy but I just said not interested. This year will be different for me. I am going to participate in all the resort has to offer. I have met quite a few people on here prior to my visit so I won't be alone the first couple of days.

You will have a blast.

5. HereComesTrouble

HereComesTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    TTR is the perfect place for a single woman to go on vacation alone. Yes, it's mostly couples, but most do not keep to themselves. Most of us mingle in the Sexy pool all day, and we look out for one another too. Come find Eric and I. We will introduce you to plenty of people. You're going to have a blast! :mnm: --Ginger

6. serenityatlast

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you, I appreciate the offer and I will definitely take you up on it ;)

7. serenityatlast

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Darin & Melissa

Darin & Melissa Mayor and 1st Lady of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    It's a lifestyle term because single ladies are nearly impossible to find. Funny that single guys are everywhere though.

9. mr&mrssrated

mr&mrssrated Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I feel like Temptation is the perfect place to go as a single lady. People are so friendly that you wont have a hard time finding someone to hang out with. As far as excursion if you read through some other posts we kinda get together on here and set up "outings" so you can do those things with a group. As well as there is a fun Boobs Cruise that you would want to check out if they have one during your stay.
    As far as interrupting a romantic vacation... there are times that people will get romantic at Temptations but it is more of a after prom party then a slow dance at the prom. Come enjoy and make friends

10. DFW fun

DFW fun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 0
    I was just going to say that. TTR is definitely not that kind of place. It's a wild adult spring break kind of party in my opinion. You'll love it and will not regret going solo. Matter of fact, you'll probably be wanting to book another trip before you even get back home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice