Do I Look Old In This?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Terryl, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Terryl

Terryl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    We have been to Temptations several times. But only once since the reno. I definitely liked it better pre reno but still had a good time on the last trip.

Some of the reviews have me concerned that we may not fit the new demographic. I have always loved the party atmosphere and meeting new people. We are in our 50s and wondering if we will still fit in. It sounds like they are going vegas with bottle service (strange concept at an all inclusive resort) and rented cabanas.

Has anyone in our age group been there lately? Or can someone give us an idea of what to expect now?

2. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    I think the low prices have definitely attracted an even younger than usual crowd but that seems to be changing a little. I agree on the pre-reno vibe/vs now. We've been back twice since the reno but that was pre-covid. We are 41/57 and while we absolutely loved Temptation, we feel Desire is a better fit for us since Temptation reopened.

3. Tominda

Tominda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    We're 72/70 been to TTR this July. Had a great time. Everyone was social and friendly. Can't wait to get back to the party.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Age isn't a big deal at TTR, Just go and have a blast..... There will always be cool ass people to hang with.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    As much as there is the bottle service and cabana crowd, there is more than enough other people that aren't into that, and are still the age range and attitude mix you are looking for. You just have to do a short scouting mission at the area of the pool or bar you would like to mingle at. On my last trip in July that other crowd had zero effect on me. We often can be found at the premier bar, the chairs and beds right in front of it, and then in the pool around that area by the steps. The other crowd seems to hang more on the other side of the pool near where the games are held.

I like hanging at the premier bar, cause it's where you find the most vets that know what they are doing. If you would like to go referral so you can go there and the skybar, just let me know in a PM and I can assist :)

6. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    You're not too old. Our regular group might have added some younger members now, but there's plenty over 50 who come and have a great time. Both at Desire and Temptation.

The champagne cabanas and bottle service booths cater to a very specific niche. It's highly visible, but that's the point. Peacocks gonna peacock, better to keep those few over by the bed and leave the pool to the fun folks :)

7. Terryl

Terryl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Thanks for all the helpful replies. I've always said I can have fun in a box by myself so I'm sure we will have a great time.

8. HersAndHis

HersAndHis Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    We (27/29) went for the first time earlier this year, and felt like we were too young to be there, so you should be fine! No one cared about how young we were so doubt anyone would care about your age. Everyone seemed like they were there to have a good time, and were super nice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice