Dirty Vibes Group Event- Impact On Our Trip If We're Not Part Of It?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DontActMyAgeOnVacay, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

DontActMyAgeOnVacay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    We haven't been to Temptations before. We're booked at Breathless April 5-8, but looking into staying at Temptations first. I see that there is a group booked "Dirty Vibes" which is booking the Temptation Tower. For this kind of event, if we're not part of it, will it feel like we get left out of the resort's parties/activities?

2. MNnice

MNnice Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +375 / 0
    You probably wouldn't even notice to be honest.

3. Brittney&Jacob

Brittney&Jacob Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0
    My hubby and I will be there as part of the group. Most of the people in this group are great, open friendly people who love to have a good time. So if your there....stop and say HI!!
    There are only a couple of parties in the Skybar that are going to be exclusive to the group...the rest of the time we will be partying with the whole resort.
    We are also bringing in some AMAZING DJs to play.

4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We are a part of the takeover also. There is a night private party on the roof away from the typical Bash party area two of the nights you may be going... April 2 and 4. But everyone should be poolside during the day and at the main area Bash Wed night the 3rd. This is one of the largest takeovers the resort has had so not sure what effect that will have on Bash those nights. I am the type that always has Fear Of Missing Out so if I was in your shoes I would pay the $300 that allows people who book separately to join the group parties. However, if you dont want to do that I wouldn't let the takeover stop you from trying out something as awesome as TTR.

As to whether regulars would even notice a difference...
    These rooms are the takeover... 88 Bash, 13 Lush, 6 Master, 4 Penthouse, 30 Plush for apprx 141 rooms (8 rooms left available to be booked)
    Rest of resort non takeover... 153 garden view, 130 ocean view, 12 seduction suite = 295 rooms.
    So only about 1/3rd of the resort is the takeover. Of course exact #s depend on how many of those 295 rooms are booked.
    Personally as a regular visitor I would DEFINITELY notice a difference but you as a new person of course wouldn't have that frame of reference.
    Again though dont miss the opportunity regardless to try TTR

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Thanks for the info. I just looked but couldn’t see how to buy the $300 cover to be part of the parties. Where can I do that? Also, do you know if I can book as part of the tower takeover, but only for 2 nights?

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Go to this page...
    <deleted>
    Click the Dirty Vibes Event ticket purple link in the first post and it will take you to a Temptation site page to book the ticket

As for booking a room thru them it may be possible. I know some people arriving Thursday so maybe they have rooms available for tuesday/wednesday. I will PM you the email address for the person to ask.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2019
  7. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Thanks for the encouragement! We went ahead and booked as part of the Takeover group, with a room in the tower. We’ll be looking out to introduce ourselves and give a big Hi for sure!

8. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    Looking forward to meeting you guys. I will be there and part of the Takeover as well.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    First of all it isn't a takeover. It's a group event. There are many group events planned throughout the next 12 months, none are actual 'takeovers', but some promote it at as such. That just worries people who are not part of it and encourages them to join. It's a marketing tactic.

This group has 130 rooms booked out of the 426 available (less than a third).

In reality, from looking at their schedule. They have two private sky bar parties and two private room crawls and some Bash cabanas booked - that's about all you get as part of the group over everyone else. You can pay $350 for that if you havent already booked through them. If you did book through them then you already paid the premium.

The private Sky bar parties are at a time when that bar would normally be closed anyway. The room crawls are similar to those that are organised on here regularly, free of charge for the community. The rest of their events are things that everyone can enjoy whether you booked with them or not. "Mingle at the sexy pool", "Meet at Bash", DJ's playing at the public areas etc etc.

oh and @Jen&Kyle that link you posted
    That's not the real Temptation site at all. It is the site that this company made to look like the real Temptation site and you fell for it, posted their link and helped them with their game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  10. Dean&Michele

Dean&Michele Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 2
    Thank you for the clarification. Being first timers we were just talking about it yesterday and wondering if it would impact our trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice