Did your room smell????

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by amdub, Aug 11, 2010.

1. amdub

amdub Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kind of like a damp/condensation musty weird smell????

In fact, does the whole accomodation part of the resort smell like that?? (plus the reception??)

Now, don't get me wrong. I still LOVE Temptation (going back for my second time in two weeks). Maybe the smell is not there any more - it was about two years ago last time I went...

But I am thinking of bringing a plug in air freshener with me this time.

Anyone else notice a smell????? Any advice????

2. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    The worst smelling room I've had was on the first floor. It was a jacuzzi room and not in the greatest location at the resort, so I'm thinking the room was not used often. I think it depends what time of year it is, how well the a/c works in the room.
    I bring a plug-in, candle and febreeze.

3. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We have been really lucky - been three times in May and once in September and we have never had a problem. A few people we know take scented candles though they seem to do the trick. Hope that helps a bit x

Lynfa x

4. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    I'm kind of weird, but I love the smell when we walk into TTR. Its the smell of 'home'. We do, however, always take scented candles for the room. They tend to help a little bit, but for the amount of time that you actually spend up in your room - we hardly ever burn them.

See you all soon!!! 21 days!! :daveandmo:

5. davp22

davp22 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our room usually has that musty smell too. But we just figure its from the constant humidity down there. The couple we travel with usually bring a plug-in air freshener and I think we will this year too. But like others have said, we're hardly ever in the room, so it doesn't bother us.

6. amdub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

Yes I guess I will bring a plug in plus some scented candles.

We are not in the room much so it is not a big deal but just, you know yourself, it is just not the type of thing you want to encounter in a nice resort/on your vacation.
    (Not the type of thing you like having to plan for :icon_rolleyes:)

7. Meims

Meims Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We noticed almost a drain smell, it originated from the drain in the bathroom, the toilet bit. The drains are designed to have a water trap in them, but when this dries out and out came the smell, so my husband just put water there, it wasn't perfect afterwards but it was so much better!!
    we were on the 3rd floor

8. amdub

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oooh that might have been the cause of the smell. We were on 3rd floor as well. Will try that too.

But does anyone know the smell in reception/lobby area I am talking about?? (Where the tour guides are sitting as well). Kind of like disinfectant gone wrong or something! :icon_lol:

But hey, guess the most important thing is that the pool doesn't smell :fish:

9. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We had this same situation when we were there last April too on the 1st floor.

10. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    There is occaisionally a smell in our bathroom...but it's caused by humans and not the resorts fault...unless you want to blame the food:huh: LOL. We always take a little room freshener and stick it in the bathroom. Other than that like a pp said...Temptations smells like 'home'.

D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice