Desires - Membership Perks And Upselling?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by mexico24, Feb 28, 2021.

1. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Thinking about splitting our next TTR trip and spending a couple days at Desires (dipping our toes into the pool).

Question: Is it the same as TTR...membership perks (premium liquor, extra meal selections) with black bands or something similar?
    Also. .. are the Desire Resorts getting into upselling like TTR ... bottle service, etc?

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    yes, same benefits as at TTR.
    did not experience or see any upselling at all

3. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    We're doing the same... hopefully not to get harassed to upgrade in a 4 day vaca. We really want to sample the place and compare before we get to upgrading.

4. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 0
    When we were there first of last week the only thing I noticed was the loungers closet to pool seemed to be reserved for members first. However on our 2nd morning they sat us next to pool so not exactly sure but we were told those were for members first until a certain time of day had passed and then non members could get them. That’s all we noticed though. They didn’t even pressure us to sit thru the membership sales

5. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    We like what we're reading! Hope it stays that way.

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    What's going on at TTR is more Vegas than anything, to our experience. We've had no "upsell" issues at DRM (not been to Pearl since.. 2017?).

At DRM, my understanding is that they "used to" charge for use of the palapa beds around the pool and down on/by the beach for "non-member" guests, I think $20 USD/day, but since when we started we were already members at TTR so this didn't effect us so I don't don't know whent hat went away. To my knowledge, as stated above, certain areas around the pool are reserved for members on a daily rotating basis until ~10:30 a.m. or so, then they open up to whoever. However, being amember, we know who to talk to so we can, and I presume Anyone can once there, reserve their "spot" around the pool or down by the beach for their stay just by talking "to the guy." At this point bribery is completely trainined into the society down there, so just roll with it, act like a boss and tip the guy, and you'll probably get what you want or very close to it.

I've not noticed Anyone ever get bottle service at DRM... there's really no place to do such a thing. You'd have to go to understand... it's not like there are booths with tables in the "Bottle service" theme of presentation, it just doesn't work that way. I understand that's not helpful, sorry.

Stacia told me that there Are certain menu items which are upcharge, or for Members at no additional cost. Wines as well, I think there is a high-end tequila selection as well if that's your thing. It all sort of blends into the background for me, as I'm just not interested in any of it. Beer comes in bottles, so I get bottle service, right there.

7. Lindilou

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Funny!! But I sure like it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice