Desire RM beach closed for restoration??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by basser, Nov 13, 2016.

1. basser

basser Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi all,

Does anyone know anything about the beach being closed for restoration at Desire RM. We have been to TTR but with it closed we were considering RM. Some reviews say the beach is off limits right now. Could this be true??!!

2. Aland juls

Aland juls Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I don't think so we stayed in Breathless next door and walked along the beach on Saturday. There wasn't any chairs on the beach but I did see some people from Desire. They did have static double beds there. It is a federal beach so I don't think they can close it.

3. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    No it's not closed or off limits, the Desire RM beach got pummeled by high winds and wave actions about two weeks ago which washed a lot of it away.

However we just returned from Desire RM today and the beach has already returned 80+% with just normal wave action - probably at 100% within another week to 10 days ;)

4. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    The beaches on that side get a LOT more wave and wind action. It's part of what makes them beautiful, but sometimes they are incredibly wide, and the next time very narrow. This happens pretty much all the way down that coast and it is just part of the natural wave and current action. You just hope when you are there it is in good shape, which it is almost all the time. We all love watching and playing in the waves. Sometimes they bring more beach in, and sometimes they carry it back out. With no big reef out further to slow the waves it will always be that way.

5. Rcraig

Rcraig Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Just got back from DRM 9 days ago, after a few days at GOS around Halloween. Beach was definitely open, but smaller than previous trips, as some of it must have been washed away a bit as Coke stated above. The beach bar is closed due to the building construction going on right behind it. They have a temporary bar set up in the gazebo for those using the beach. Other than the daytime construction noise, everything was as usual.

BTW, we saw about 10 "former" TTR employees there. That was great. Since they recognized us as TTR regulars, we seemed to get really good service from them. We asked each of them if they would be returning to TTR. It was a unanimous "I sure hope so". We understood that to mean they must not be guaranteed any return to TTR. One of the supervisors acted as though he would definitely be back at TTR, and possibly in 5 months for training and some sort of "test period". It was awesome to see all of those familiar faces and get such a great welcome from the "TTR staff members".

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14

This was exactly our experience when we hit DRM from Nov. 12-16. Saw lots of the staff, JJ included, working at DRM, Sabbi the girl server around the Sexy Pool (the one who was pregnant last year but still working the pool) was there, some of the bartenders, etc. Everyone is VERY ready to get back to work at TTR because the DRM daily vibe is so slow and laid-back compared to TTR.

The beach was chewed up by the storms, i'd say about 2/3 of it had been pulled out to sea, but it was slowly coming back even while we were there. The day we got there we did our usual get naked go down and walk the beach thing and noticed right away that most of the chairs had not been put out. The cabana bed things were there, but the water was coming right up to them, the beach bar was closed as stated above and they'd converted the gazebo to that purpose.

By our 4th day you could tell that there was more above-waterline sand already coming back, so that's great.

We met/saw quite a few folks from Breathless walking up/down the beach and when they would turn and frown at the naked people at DRM I made sure they could get a good view. There IS a sign saying clothing optional beach beyond this point or some such....

Ha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice