Desire Premier Member Benefit: A Third Guest?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Matt & Kristina, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Matt & Kristina

Matt & Kristina Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +201 / 0
    Hi all! During our sales meeting we were told our contract would allow us to bring a third person....as long as it’s a woman lol

Has anyone else used that benefit successfully? I’m expecting an asterisk and some issues making it happen.

Thank you!

2. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    It’s true and we’ve seen it before on different months.

All room rates are quoted for just 2 people at Desire so having a 3rd person requires additional costs.

What other issues are you anticipating?

Hopefully some folks can recommend a room class that best suits the circumstance.

We usually stay in Ocean View at Pearl and Superior Garden at RM and hey would be too small we think. Might want to go with a 2 bathroom unit for the 3 of you to share and of course a seating area is nice to have while you wait for two ladies to get ready for dinner.

3. Matt & Kristina

Ratings:
    +201 / 0
    Thank you! The issues I was expecting (and are now experiencing) is that it was sold as the third guest is “included” - no additional cost.

And now they are saying that I have to get authorization from the hotel manager. So just some tedious work which I was expecting but wasn’t sure if others had been told it was free or not and/or was limited to certain months.

4. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    When you log on as a member on the Premier members site it shows you room availability and pricing. Example attached.

See at the bottom where the price states it’s for 2 people. That’s where I expect there to be another cost for you 05F09519-797E-44C7-8B90-42C0BAC91123.png to add a 3rd person.

5. Matt & Kristina

Ratings:
    +201 / 0
    Yup, appears so. Ah well. Thank you!

6. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    It's always been the same re: 3rd person in the room. You will have to pay an additional 50% of whatever you paid as a couple for that room category for the 3rd person.

It has always been that it is at the discretion of the resort General Manager to allow it or not.

BTW - note that they don't provide any other "temporary" bedding for that third person, whatever is in that room when you arrive you will have to share between the three of you.

7. Matt & Kristina

Ratings:
    +201 / 0
    Got it. Good to know this is normal appreciate the feedback.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice