Desire Or Pearl????

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by 7773900, Oct 20, 2021.

1. 7773900

7773900 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are First Timers in our 50+ Which resort you think suitable for us? Thank you for reply.

2. FelicksNNeekCoal

FelicksNNeekCoal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Depends on what you are into and what you are looking for. RM is a party, yet nice. Pearl is a bit more refined and laid back. Like I said really depends on what you are into. For us its Pearl, been to RM once and Pearl 2 times with another trip planned for February.

3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    We are going to DRM in March, first time to a Desire. Been to TTR several times now. We chose DRM over Pearl. But we tossed the idea around on which to go to and either would have worked. Why DRM?... The beach is much less busy at DRM than Pearl, especially if you are a little shy. But the beach is nicer and you can walk for miles at Pearl (we have stayed at resorts really close to each in the past). The rooms really are not appealing (from their pictures) at either resort, but I just can't get past the decorations in the Pearl room pictures, and you get a double sink at DRM. The restaurant selection seems a bit more diverse at DRM. DRM is a little larger and it'll be easier to have some anonymity, and maybe more theme/night club participation. And that's about it. Honestly, if the rooms looked nicer/more modern at Pearl that is where we would have gone. (We booked DRM through the link here, on cancuncare, including flights, and got the best deal, by far, including the discount sites I was searching on for a while. We were able to use a coupon code and Steve got us a free transfer)

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We love both and I often flip-flop as to which resort I prefer. I love Pearl for its floor-level jacuzzi and floor-level disco. At RM, these are both rooftop and you have to use stairs. Also, I like the layout of the jacuzzi better at Pearl: circular tub with beds all around. At RM, the jacuzzi is on one side of the area and the beds are on the other.

RM has a much better late-night food option; you can sit at a bar and order pizzas, tacos, quesadillas and they make it right in front of you. At Pearl, you wait outside their (closed) restaurant and hope an employee passes by to take your order (This was our experience and we were there in March 2021)

Pearl has better rooms, but we usually book the cheapest rooms at either resort. Pearl also has the mansion: it's way above our price range, but I hear it's very nice.

We went to both resorts this year and had a great time at each. There is a great party, terrific guests and excellent service at both; you can't go wrong either way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice