DennisandErica Review

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by DennisandErica, Oct 12, 2016.

1. DennisandErica

DennisandErica Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 0
    This was mine and Dennis' experience with Grand Oasis Sens. Do not go if you are expecting anything remotely to TTR. That statement is made just to warn people that may be expecting that. We went into our trip not expecting TTR, and that's exactly what we got.... Got in early so we had to wait, which I understand. Went back down to VIP to check into our room and had to wait at least 20 minutes for someone to wait on us. We had reserved Sian Kaan with ocean view hot tub. Didn't get ocean view. We also didn't use the hot tub since it was not even warm and it took longer than the TTR ones to fill. Had the water running for 20 minutes and it wasn't an inch full. Shower ran all over the floor so we had to put towels in front of the door, and I mean ALL over! Restaurants were good. There was quite a few more to choose from, and I did like the food. Nightlife really was just our group. There were 3 other couples with us. We were the party. Everything closes at 10:30 on the dot, Kinky's I believe is open until 2 but closed when they take the pirate cruise, or whatever it was. Didn't do that since it got back at 3 am and we didn't want to chance it. Kinky's was so loud!!!! Worse than Paty O's. Absolutely couldn't have a conversation. Had to do sign language for anyone to understand. A couple of nights we were the only ones there. The staff for the VIP was not helpful, some rude. All I wanted was water to be brought to our room since it wasn't brought up the day before when I asked. Was told we would be charged more since house keeping was already there. We did have fun since we got to hang out with friends we haven't seen, but we won't go back. Also so many picture takers!!!! No lie! Foam party on Friday so many people had cameras! Played volleyball in the pool and people stood by the edge to take pictures. Nothing was said to any of them. Felt like some sort of animal at a zoo with all the gawkers to see boobies. I just don't feel that longing to go back like a person does after going to TTR. Doubt we will go back. The ocean and beach were beautiful, I will say that! Also, there are a few staff that want to have fun, but once management came around they got uncomfortable for joking around with us.

2. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    thanks for writing. fingers crossed that with a larger group things will be livelier! just sad if they don't want staff to interact with guests. will deffinatly write one of our own when we get back!

3. *leah3

*leah3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Thanks for the info. We really may need to find a option for the camera issue. My girly likes to be topless but will not put up with picture takers. I'm willing to get camera/phone or two wet............purely by accident that is....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  4. GSpot69

GSpot69 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0
    You need to be on security and management continually for them to stop taking pics. Even then they do very little. We had the same experience. Also rooms not avail till 1500. BS we kept going back because someone told us to and guess what. They had our entire group of folders all done but still wanted you to wait until 1500.

5. Steph&Dave

Steph&Dave Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    Love all the warnings and advice- hoping that with our larger group and some open-minded people, we can make this a memorable vacation for everyone. - Dave

6. DennisandErica

DennisandErica Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 0
    The two people, Nabie and Gustov, ( I know I am totally getting there names wrong) that did entertainment at the pool were very nice and fun. The games are just way tame compared to TTR, which was to be expected. Some tops off but no bottoms when people missed the ball or screwed up. I guess the thing I didn't like the most was when people and staff asked if you were from TTR and I answered yes, then they either look at you disappointingly or like oh yes here comes the swingers!!!! I love to party, get people involved, and have a good time, but I am a responsible person with a loving husband and three fantastic kids! I work at an elementary school and am not an exotic pole dancer, and that's how many people view women that go to TTR. Just because there is a group of TTR people doesn't mean there's going to be a big orgy, we're respectful enough to keep it to the room... lol!:aetsch004::aetsch004::aetsch004:

7. FrenchieFifi

FrenchieFifi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Yep, that's what I thought, but all the guilty parties taking pics have their phones in waterproof bags... so you will have to find an alternative. Our little group's response was to raise a forest of FINGERS: it did work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice