Del Ray...Which Bus Stop?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Sunnydaze05, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys....I know I have seen it on here but couldnt locate it.....been to CUN many times, just going for 4 days on the 10th...anyone know which bus stop is closest to the little ruins Del Ray....where all the Iguanas are? Thanks!

2. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe the ruins are called El Rey and they are very close to the Royal Solaris Hotel. I would guess about km 18.5 on Kulkulkan - lagoon side. Just ask your bus driver to drop you off at El Rey. Be prepared to exit after you pass the big public beach. When we visited there were a lot of iguanas. We were first there about 15 years ago with our then 18 mo. old daughter. We walked over from the Royal Solaris....our daughter in a stroller. It was perfect as she was still too young for a big long tour to Tulum, Coba etc. She loved climbing on the small ruins...and of course the iguanas. I don't know if they still allow that. Will have to make the walk next time we are in Cancun.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is Ruinas El Rey and after the Golf Course that is on the lagoon side. After the course there are some woods and then El Rey. It is pretty much across the street from Playa Delfines. It is below street level so not easy to see but it is easy to find. There is a sign.

4. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep just get off the bus at Playa Delfines and its on the lagoon side. Dont forget to stop at Delfines, what a beautiful beach!!! There are a lot of Iguanas living under the concrete near the bathrooms, and down on the rocks just above the beach.
    Here is a pic of Delfines and one of the iguanas at the beach.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Blue Line Stop #20, Green Line Stop #17. It's at KM 18.

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Someone told me they've closed El Rey and there is no longer public access. Can anyone confirm??

7. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love this site....ask and you shall receive......got down to the bottom where it was questioned if it's still open....anyone have any info? Thanks guys!!!

8. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gonzo.....that pic made me drool....just love that beach! Thank YOU!!!

9. roman70

roman70 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not closed. I was there today. A bus stop is directly in front of it.

10. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Roman!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice