Dec.21. At the least - an excuse to party!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by davisod, Dec 4, 2012.

1. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I toured Palenque ruins last March along with a couple from Italy, and our guide was a Mexican polyglot named Gilbert. The Italian woman's first question was, "Gilberto (use your best Italian accent), what do you think; is the world going to end on Dec. 21st?"
    Gilbert said no. That Dec. 21st will begin a new era of awareness.

Well, I was reading just now in today's online "Yucatan Living" of a "Special Cruise from Texas to Progresso (and back again - hopefully)" for Dec. 21st, and I laughed literally out loud...lol. Others are celebrating with light shows, candle-light dinners, etc.

Me? I'll be making a blender of margaritas; haven't had a 'rita since I left Mexico in April. And tossing a few tequila shots. What a way to go!

What are you guys and gals in Mexico doing on the last day (that's fit to print..lol)?

(Steve, should this be copied to the Temptations' forum?....lol)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V is going to Coco Bongo before the world ends; come on you guys, what are y'all doing in the next 2 weeks?! Live like you're dying........lol. I'm buying my tequila tomorrow (gotta pay the Nova Scotia gov't rat-bastards their "sin-taxes"; don't care though since it's for the end of the world....lol! Already got the limes - thanks Costco in Halifax!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Nobody seems to be making much of a fuss about it here. A few places offering 'end of world sales' that aren't really sales. But other than that life as normal.

I think most nights people party like it's the end of the World at Temptation..... then they do it the next night too ;)

4. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I've opted to go to Chitchen'itza for the first time. I figure if anything is going to happen it will be there.

I think the lightshow will be extra cool with the prospect of the world ending.

Its also winter solistace too, so that is extra cool, since apparently the Mayan were into astronomy and natural periods seeing them as signifigant.

Some of this prophesy stuff is interesting.

There are so many pages like this one: http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/1.htm

:)

If this guy is right I'm gonna really get my moneys worth in visiting Chichen that day.

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice