Daniella's first day at school **PICS**

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Already posted this in the Life in Cancun Forum, but in case some of you don't check that section I'll post it here too.

Our daughter Dani's first school day was a rainy one but she was very excited to wear her uniform and new shoes, we'd been talking to her about school all weekend. She seemed very proud as she walked down the path to the car, pulling her school bag behind her and clutching her teddy.

Once we got to the school she was fine until she suddenly realised that we weren't going in with her. Her face changed to one of fear and she started crying. Not much we could do other than let the teacher pick her up and walk away with her into the classroom.

We went back home and spent a very long hour and a half in an unusual kind of silence before returning to pick her up again.

We had a little chat with the teacher and it seemed she cried almost the whole time, bless her. She soon recovered back to her normal happy self though once we picked her up.

We asked her before she went to bed tonight if she was looking forward to school again tomorrow, to meet all her friends and see her teacher Miss Margarita "No gracias" was her reply.

Hoping tomorrow is not so traumatic for her, and us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    awwwwwwwwww what a doll...

im sure she will start to like it more and more...

eeeeeeee shes so cute

congrats on making it thru the first day!

3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    congrats to the the fam for making it through day 1......and shes absolutely adorable too steve

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She's such a cutie, Steve.

I'm sure it will get easier for her.

So I take it she was"accpeted" to the school formally???

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not really, yet.

Because all the other kids have been together for six months already, we have to see that she integrates properly over a week or so trial.. i.e they accept her she accepts them.

It's just one and a half hours for the first few days then to be extended once she gets more comfortable with it (full time at her age is 8am-12).

They're also 6 months + older than her and have their first language as Spanish, where Dani's is predominantly English (although her Spanish is already almost better than mine). She can count to ten already in both languages if you lead her through it which I think is pretty impressive for her age.

6. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    OMG Steve so is absolutely adorable. They grow so fast.

7. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She's so cute...I can't believe school already. I remember when you first posted pics of her ultrasound...and LOOK how big she is...

Diane

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a BABY DOLL! :lotsoflove:

Thanks for the pictures, Steve!

9. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She is a cutie pie :D :D I'm sure she will do great :!: :!:

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    those are the cutest pics!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice