Crazy fitness types...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Sin&Shawn, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Sin&Shawn

Sin&Shawn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So Sin has asked me to inquire about running (for fitness...not for her life) off the resort. Kind of a bucket list kind of thing...run in another country (like drinking your face off in another country isn't enough...wtf?). I've told her she should be fine going for a run in the morning...everything about life outside the resort looks 'normal' during daylight hours, anyway.

Can anybody corroborate my theory? My word isn't enough, you know...I'm only the husband...what do WE know? :icon_rolleyes:

2. jimnloli

jimnloli Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Only an opinion but we seldom leave the resort so The answer would be run along the beach in either direction as far a the sand takes you all good but running the streets? Never considered it, don't like the idea too much. Locals like Steve probably have the best advice.

Semi related story One Halloween, dressed in costume, Sexy Devil and Grim Reaper, we left our resort, walked to Jimmy Buffet Margarittaville. Then followed other partiers to a Halloween PArty on the Beach at Blue Parrot.

Nothing bad happened to us but we got lots of looks and brakelights walking along the road. In retrospect, a ballsy move but I never should have put Lori in that situation.

3. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    You are correct. There is a very nice red running, walking path that extends for miles in either direction right in front of the resort. It has markers every 500 km. There are many runners and walkers out on it every morning. My favorite is to run down toward the nightclubs and tourist area (start out going left on the path) and it is a six mile round trip. Use it and enjoy....no worries.

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    We have walked all over the place around the resort. Have also ridden the public buses. Never any problems. That's not to say that something couldnt happen, just like anyplace else. Use common sense, stay in a pair/group, and dont wander out after dark on foot.

Ive always gotten the impression that the people outside of the resort are friendly for the most part, and dont want anyone screwing up their livelihood by jacking with the tourist.

5. carcrz

carcrz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We walked about 6 miles in each direction on the path that slopoke3 mentioned. It's a pretty nice path overall.

6. anna

anna Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0
    run everyday down the main street it is great never had a problem just watch for the bike riders stay on the inside close to the hotels on the Temptation side turn and run back i go down 2 miles and return same side

7. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Every 500 km?! How many of those markers do you pass? You guys are intense. That's why we don't join you guys.

8. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Slopoke3 is right about that path/trail.
    it is used literally 24/7.

Locals use it for dog walking, roller blading, jogging, biking etc.
    Have had many nights leaving TTR at 11:00 pm and returning from rock bars in City at 5am and see ppl using that path at all times.
    you should have no problems using it whenever you wish.

9. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    When I used to run there I would just lap the pools all three in the morning. Since then they have put more chairs but it is still doable. She can run off the resort but I am gonna tell you a story that may change your mind. My sister's friend's sister in law went running in Cancun down the paths there. She was stabbed with a screw driver, robbed of her wedding rings, left for dead and now has severe brain damage. She is useless as a mom to her kids. Therefore the reason I only ever lapped the pools. There is treadmills in the gym too but I was found it too hot to run in there. As much as I like to say that Cancun is safe, it is not. That being said this was something that could have happened anywhere but use caution.

10. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    As long as you stay in Hotel Zone....wandering on foot after dark or using the excellent bus system is very safe.
    Tourism is very important and most locals derive income from it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice