Cramer's back!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Apr 27, 2012.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Bobby Cramer, the former pitching sensation for Los Tigres baseball team, here in Cancun, is back!

When he was here before, he could hardly lose a game he started: he was so good, they sent him up to the majors, where he also did well for a few games. I didn't follow what happened to him after that, but suspect he had a health problem which limited his play. Now, he's been sent back here, which is good news for Los Tigres fans.

2. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    OK, looks like Bobby C. has not yet been added to the roster of pitchers, but he did pitch for the Tigres on the 17th, in a game won by the Tigres 9-6 against Campeche. Go Bobby!

According to news reports, he was released by the Oakland Athletics in July, last year (big leagues are tough!) even though he'd had a successful run with them over the few games he started.

He was almost unbeatable in 2010, when he pitched most of the season for the Tigres.

Watch for him at- :.TIGRES DE QUINTANAROO.:

3. valgunn

valgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do the Tigres ever play any day games?

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Val,

There may be exceptions from time to time but M-F they play at 8 pm, 7 pm on Sat and 6 pm on Sun.

I have a schedule in my car and if I see anything different I will post it when I return home later tonight.

I think V and I and probably Ms V are going on Wed. We have not confirmed or bought tix yet.

5. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep me posted if you ever do a Thurs, Fri or Sun game... PLEASE!

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres are out of town this week, back for three days next week, starting with Tuesday, May 1.

As T.J. said, they don't play day games, except on those rare occasions of a double header, caused by a "rain out" of a previous game, and a need to "catch up" in the games played count.

To see when they are in town, click on their official link; then, click on "calendario" at the top of the page.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tigres hot!

Los Tigres are smokin'!!! They've won 14 of their last 16 games.

The team hasn't announced who will be pitching, tonight.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They did announce that V, Mrs V and I would be at the game tonight, with a couple more friends.

How thoughtful as we had first planned on tomorrow night. I even checked this to see if ToriB had Tues as one of her "tell me" days, but alas, it was not to be.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Those who attended last night had a chance to watch Cramer shut out the visitors (Ciudad del Carmen) for the four innings he pitched.

(Someone close to him informed us that he was recovering from back surgery, and that's why he didn't pitch longer.)

In the fifth, with Lechuga pitching for the Tigres, things immediately began to go downhill with two runs in the inning for the visitors.

The Tigres ended up losing this one, 4-1.

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The Tigres won last night, 9-4, and Carlos Gastelum, second baseman for the Tigres extended his hitting streak to 30! consecutive games in which he's gotten at least one hit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice