Covid19 Test At Ttr No Longer Free

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Cheers2US, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I am at Temptation now. I was under the impression that the COVID19 test (that is required to return to the USA) was free for guests who stay longer than 3 nights. I guess this is no longer the case as we were charged $20 each for the tests. There is no mention of this anywhere, at least not that I noticed.

They take credit card, not cash. They do not take Apple Pay so bring your actual CC. And a mask. The test is a nasal swab, both nostrils. The results are emailed within an hour.

(to schedule the test, there is an office by the coffee area in the lobby, next to the Premier office. You can scan the QR code posted and schedule it right then and there. No need to speak with anyone for the scheduling)

Not sure of this was already addressed on this forum.

2. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    When did you book your reservations?

Per TTR website:

Dear temptationer,

If you are traveling from Cancun to the U.S.A., we would like to inform you that, for new bookings made as of May 6th, 2021, with traveling dates as of July 1st, 2021, and onwards, COVID antigen tests are available on-site at a preferential rate of $20 USD (taxes included) per test*.

For all reservations made before May 6th, 2021, staying minimum 3 nights in any room category, COVID antigen tests will be available at no additional cost.

At Temptation Cancun Resort, we want each guest experience to be safe, sexy, and fun. Let’s keep the party going!

3. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    This was changed a little bit ago, I guess they saw the writing on the wall for increased testing being needed for non-vaxed people

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4

Thanks for the info.

5. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    @TigerTown We booked mid-May thru a third-party travel site. We had gone also back in March 2021 and it was free at the time. I’ve been to the TTR website a few; but didn’t look specifically for their COVID19 testing details. It wasn’t conspicuous or anything. It also wasn’t mentioned at check-in, nor when I scheduled the appointment. Might have been in the small print.

6. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Makes sense and I am sorry they didn't make it clear at booking or checkin. However, if booked after May 6th, it appears their charging a fee was compliant with their posted policy.

7. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Here's a question, can you bring your own tests? In the UK I can request PCR tests and they get sent to me free in the post. You scan your results and send back via a QR code on the test itself. It's the same damn test. Charging $20 and not allowing you to pay cash seems wrong.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The only people who require proof of test are your airline, so that's probably a question for them.

Oh and the Boobs Cruise (currently), but yeah I'd accept it. I'll get rid of that as soon as I can.

Although I, should say the PCR test in Cancun is a lot more than $20. It's the Antigen test that is $20 and that wasn't good enough for UK flights. Although that's by and by since Mexico just went to the Red list from the UK.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  9. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    Fuming. This whole red, amber, green thing is getting out of hand. Coming from red list countries means a mandatory quarantine and 2 tests at a quarantine hotel on return (at least £2,500 for that stay), even if you've had both vaccinations. Fingers crossed the status changes in the next 2 months, otherwise it's likely my flights will get cancelled again anyway.

10. gsc5375

gsc5375 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where can I get the Antigen test done for my flight back to the US?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice