Covid Positive Plan

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jordan&Shayla, Dec 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jordan&Shayla

Jordan&Shayla Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    What does Temptations do if you test positive? Are they offering free or discounted stays? Has anyone heard of anyone testing positive and what happened?

2. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I dont think anyone's testing positive there LOL. It would be bad business. But I read something about discounted rooms in a special wing of the resort where you will be confined to your room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    Have a fake negative one ready to go.

4. DCcouple

DCcouple Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    How does that work? I also dont expect to test positive but dont want to be locked in our suite for 5 days(?) if so!

5. Jordan&Shayla

Jordan&Shayla Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    It would be more like ten days! And yeah that would be worst case scenario really not expecting it but at the very beginning of this Covid fiasco my husband and I actually came back with Covid… after visiting Temptations. Minor and no symptoms thankfully but I don’t think a round two that results in being stuck there would be a good time!

6. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    We looked at a plan B with Airbnb.
    Instead of staying locked up in a room, pay your stay and leave. Look up Airbnb , rent 2 weeks in a condo ($60-100/day) on the beach and have a vaca with your own private paradise. As long as you aren't sick, staying anywhere without interacting with people is just fine. Get the renter to deliver food and drinks (for a fee of course) and you're all set!

7. Lake Lover

Lake Lover Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Does anyone know of any positives coming out of TTR? May be a silly question but really cant be stuck in Mexico 10 extra days.

8. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Based on Facebook responses, there have been a few positives (like a handful), but by far most have been receiving negative results.

9. Mr&MrsB

Mr&MrsB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    Since we (USA) have to test negative one day out instead of 72 hours we are stressing a little less about being quarantined halfway through our vacation. Across the street you can get a test for two for (i think) $30 USD. If that’s negative, you’re good (they have a tip jar), if not then you can try it again for free at the resort.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. Chails

Chails Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    We just returned from pearl after my wife tested positive. It’s a long story but here is how it went down…we both at home tested the day of departure. Both negative. That was Friday. Monday morning we did our test at pearl, she was positive and I was negative. We did a second test and stayed in the room to watch the lines on the test strip. They said they saw a second line, we couldn’t see one. They were calling it another positive.

At that point we went back to the room. I booked us flights to Tijuana to cross at CBX where test aren’t needed. Flew out that night. We brought medical N95 mask if needed so we wore those the whole time.

This is where it gets good…we are in the medical field so we have access to PCR on the spot. We tested about 30 hours after the pearl test. Both tested negative, even did a second one with hers. So negative test before leaving (we actually did 2 to be sure) and positive for my wife supposedly twice, then 2 negative PCRs 30 hours later.

We really don’t know what to think. It caused some serious stress for us and we lost an entire days stay which isn’t cheap. Only possible thought is that she was exposed the night before the test and her body has fought it off and there was still some dead viral material in the nose. But the nurse that did the testing at pearl barely entered our nose.

If I was anyone at this point I would bring one of the do it yourself kit that you do a video call with and sends you a result. Or go into town. Once the resort knows you are positive you have to stay in your room or leave. So you can’t really verify their results after a positive.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice