Couples Massage at GP

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by hrdway8, Mar 10, 2010.

1. hrdway8

hrdway8 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    Hi all, I am new to this board and was hoping if some of the GP veterans here can provide some insight. My wife and I are going to the Golden in July to celebrate our 18th. We are booked at the Golden for 5 nights (Thurs-Tues). We booked an hour long couples massage on the beach for one of those nights, and we are curious at to what to expect for the massage, in particular, are the massages done whilst nude? This doesn't bother us per se, but don't want to drop-trou and have the masseuse look at us like.. "it's not that kind of massage". Not that we are into that type of massage, but don't want to assume that we should plan to be sans clothes. I am assuming that we'll have strategically placed towels/sheets over us during the massage. Any thing else we should know regarding the massage? I've read we shouldn't drink any alcohol before or after.

We are also booked for the Monday dinner cruise. Just curious as to who's been on this cruise and their opinions.

Also looking for suggestions on some day type trips. Figure a day to Isla Mujeres, but any other suggestions as a couple? Horse back riding, Mayan ruins (we did visit Tulum ruins on cruise last year with our kids), etc.

I have read several other great suggestions on what to bring on this site which has been very enlightening. Also, considering we are going in mid-July, what other items should we make sure we don't forget?

2. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

The monday dinner cruise is fun. Its in the lagoon. You drink a bunch, play some games, get to know some people, have a nice dinner and come back....about 3 hours.

My wife has had many massages there. They are on the beach inside a little "hut". You wear a robe down there, and I can't remember if she was nude under the towel, or had panties on.... They do a good job.

Isla is alright. Lots of shopping if you like that sort of thing. You can drive around the island on a golf cart pretty quickly. There is a bar called Jax at the west end by the beach that has buckets of corona for cheap, and pretty good food.

We like to shop at La Isla mall. Coco Bongo's is a must if you want to go out for a fun night. Go with the entertainment staff from the hotel on the night they go.

You will love the tiki bar!!!!! Have a blast.

3. hrdway8

hrdway8 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    Thanks for the info, we really appreciate it. Definitely plan to go out for at least one night, and have read going with a group from the hotel is the best way.

Anyone else have any insight, suggestions?

Anyone?.... Bueller?..... Bueller?...

4. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    hello!!
    we are at GP right now and loving it!!!

actually, my friend and I(not a couple) just got a couple's massage yesterday because instead of 195, it was 150!!! thats way cheaper than each of us doing the 110 dolllar massage by ourselves so we just did it together. in previous years, they gave the ladies those paper underwear thingies. however this year, she told me to go completely nude. we both did. they do move the towel around but its great! feels wonderful! im not sure if it is different on the beach though.

i definitely recommend the trip to isla mujeres! sooo beautiful. playa del carmen is also beautiful and if you guys are into snorkeling, cozumel is your place to go!~

have a wonderful trip!!! <3

5. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The wife gets a 2 hour massage in Playa for $50. Great deals on 5th avenue for all the pedicure and massages, etc....She stays out of the resort spa's when we go down there. She's found a really good place.

6. Dave and Ellie

Dave and Ellie Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    do they provide a happy ending?

7. coreylaceym

coreylaceym Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wife and I were there in 2007 and did the couples massage on the beach. It was great, we just had on our swimsuits to start and then when you get on the table and under the blanket then they had us take off our suits. It was a great massage, highly recommend it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice