Costco/Beach chairs

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by bowmanmt, Dec 10, 2012.

1. bowmanmt

bowmanmt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going to Isla for a couple of months and would like to buy a few beach chairs. I know in Puerto Vallarta's Costco they sold the Tommy Bahama backpack chairs. Do they sell them in Cancun also. Thanks

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Costco here has at least a couple of types of chairs/loungers- the kind that are often used on the beach, or at poolside, made of plastic; and, the type you may be referring to, which sit low on the sand and fold up into a kind of backpack for transporting.

By the way, where have you found that you thought would be suitable for your two month stay at Isla?

3. bowmanmt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we rented a home that has two units. One for us and downstairs for our friends, both are studios. we are use to much nicer for the money in PV. But its not PV its Isla

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, Costco seems always to have the Tommy Bahama brand in stock. Some are solid colors and I have two, bought months apart, and some are ugly prints. I want to say like $450 each. Divide by about $12.50 to convert to USD. Don't forget that taxes are included in the prices. These are the folding, canvas ones. You can carry be a handle thingy or like a backpack. Have a zipper thing to stash a book, magazine, etc., and a cup holder too. They are pretty nice.

Walmart, Soriana etc have the ones that sit taller and are better for pools. We bought a bunch for a birthday party not long ago and the hard plastic ones were about $80. Not sure about the stringy variety.

They also have nice beach umbrellas. Mine was a gift and I don't recall the prices but reasonable.

WHAT YOU CANNOT FIND HERE, but you can buy at Walmart in the states, is the little corkscrew devices that go into the sand into which you put the pole part of the umbrella. Makes life easier. They are $10-$12 US plus tax. Make nice gifts too for your Mexican friends. I have one extra one left.

5. bowmanmt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your reply, do you recall seeing disposable little propane tanks, I have a small mini weber grill. I really didn't want to buy a big tank

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,615 / 14
  7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will be a zoo here today but I have to hit Costco on Wed. Will see about the tiny propane tanks. I know exactly what you mean as I used them in the states. Had a Coleman camping grill.

The beach chairs are on the left as you enter the store but also in the back center part of the store. $449 I believe, about $32 US and that includes the tax. You can see some tent like things high in the air and chairs, umbrellas etc are there.

Going to Chedraui now and will check for propane there. No news today is bad news. Ha Ha.

Merry Christmas to all

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will be a zoo here today but I have to hit Costco on Wed. Will see about the tiny propane tanks. I know exactly what you mean as I used them in the states. Had a Coleman camping grill.

The beach chairs are on the left as you enter the store but also in the back center part of the store. $449 I believe, about $32 US and that includes the tax. You can see some tent like things high in the air and chairs, umbrellas etc are there.

Going to Chedraui now and will check for propane there. No news today is bad news. Ha Ha.

Merry Christmas to all

9. bowmanmt

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks TJ, I hope they do have them and how expensive they are

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice