Covid Testing In Cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by shenanigans22, Jun 25, 2020.

1. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    A lot of real estate companies do it. The industry isn't nearly as tight as in Canada/US. Most of the time, you don't need a license. That may be your first thing to check out. I can send you some names, PM me.

2. The Gringos

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    I forgot to mention - some citizens of other nations are exempt from work visas if they are in Mexico for less than 6 months as a 'business visitor'.

This is a great resource: https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido/index.php/en/contenido/108-visas-for-other-countries

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14

No, that's how long it took. You need to have 5 years as a Temporary Resident before you qualify for Permanent.

I've been here 16 years, and had Permanent Residency for 8.

Spent the first year on a tourist Visa, then a Rentista FM3, then they changed the law and reset the two years I had 'banked' back to zero. Then 5 years as a Temporary resident under the new law.

I probably could have got things faster via the marriage to a National route, but we didn't do it that way

You must have a Temporary rather than Permanent Residency. You can't get Permanent in two years.

"After five years as a temporary resident in Mexico, a foreign national can obtain the "Permanent Resident status", which means he or she has his/her permanent residence in Mexico."
    https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinou...nformation-on-visas-and-migratory-documents#8

4. The Gringos

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    I didn't say I have permanent residency, I can't apply for that for a year, yet. I was referring to your work visa taking that long

"If yourselves, first you'd need the appropriate Visa to be allowed to work. Rules have changed since, but it took me 8 years to get mine."

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yeah, I couldn't operate a Mexican business or take a job under my Rentista classification.

Then again, I didn't need to. There are many different routes, I was just explaining mine.

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Jannet was not well last week with a sore throat, cough and headache but no fever (she's fully recovered now). I had a headache and slight fever last Saturday but it only lasted a few hours and went away. I've been fine ever since.

We decided the best thing would be for Jannet to get a Covid test done and if positive I'd get one done too. Obviously, if either one of us tested positive then we'd both need to stay away from the boobs cruises and hotel.

There is a clinic near us called LaClicsa (link below) - they have several locations in Cancun. We went there (no appointment needed) and Jannet had the tests done within about 10 minutes. Turns out that if we paid for one person they would test a second person for free. So I had the tests done too.

Total cost for 4 tests was 900 Pesos ($40 USD).

We got our results back in less than 24hrs and all 4 tests are negative. Neither of us has it, neither of us has had it.

So, if you do want or need to have a Covid test while in Cancun, it is a quick, easy and cheap process.

Página Inicial – Laclicsa Laboratorios

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Great news Steve.
    Very reasonable cost and quick turn around.
    Happy to have “hurd” that all four tests were negative ;)
    Be safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  10. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Has anything change on the restrictions on Cancun Hotel Zone since June 2020?
    We are coming back in March 2021, and hope everything is pretty much the same
    thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice