considering riviera maya in october

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by dutch72, Jul 5, 2011.

1. dutch72

dutch72 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are considering going to riviera maya in last week of october. i was wondering if anyone had any experiences there concerning weather.

been to mexico in early september, and got 6 days of rain. so now worried.

was also looking at " Grand Riviera Princess " it got many mixed reviews at trip advisor... looking for more

thanks

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. thelmagecko

thelmagecko Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! In October is very fine the weather in Playa del Carmen, I can offer you an apparment furnished, servicies included, pool in comun area, close to the beach and the 5th avenue. Because, some hotel are far to Playa and you need take taxi and is expensive.
    Please tell me if you are interesed in send you options.

3. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Riviera Maya is gorgeous--you really can't go wrong, and the end of Oct. shouldn't (knock on wood) be rainy.

What kind of place are you looking for? Allegro and Iberostar are great for families and kids, Royal Hideaway is extremely luxurious and quiet, and Rius are very nice and kind of a balance of families and couples. I think GRP is the resort where some people were killed in a gas explosion last year (Please check that--I'm not 100% sure) which could account for a lot of negative publicity.

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We go nearly every October. Will be at The Royal PDC first week of October. Usually great weather....of course you never know. We saw Wilma first hand in Cancun in 2005 in mid October. Nobody can predict the weather, but 90% of the time its hot and sunny there!

5. Luna Blue

Luna Blue Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    October is still well within the Hurricane/storm season. Certainly the first two weeks can be wet but it begins to taper off after that. Still as the storm season runs all through November, it is always best to get travel insurance when visiting the Caribbean during this time.

6. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    We've stayed at the Grand Palladium twice,, we really like it.. It's huge though! Ck out
    Palladium Addict (forum) for info. Have u been to the Riviera Maya before? Some beautiful beaches.
    Our next trip we are going to explore the beaches south of Tulum.. seen some fantastic photos others
    had posted.. can't believe we skipped it.
    Good Luck!

7. evilaces

evilaces Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went to Grand Riviera Princess last December and that was our second time there. The resort is absolutely amazing!!! And the weather was great, even in December!!!

8. SeanRiviera

SeanRiviera Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can get really good weather in October, with soaring temperatures and many hours of sunshine. However it is still within the Cancun hurricane season so will always be a bit of a risk.

Check local forecasts just before you travel so you know what to expect.

Don't worry about the mixed reviews at the Grand Riviera, even the best hotels in the world still get them. At the end of the day, your holiday is what you make it. Hope you have a fantastic vacation!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice