Considering Booking For The Week Between Christmas And New Year

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by mluvr29, Aug 9, 2021.

1. mluvr29

mluvr29 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    This is going to be a pretty long post, but please read and post your honest opinions.

My family and I just returned from a week long stay at another resort in Cancun. I don't want to post the name of the resort, but if you want to DM me, I will give you all the info I can. But let's just say, they advertise having a very long pool.

This was probably the worst vacation I was ever on and it was all due to the hotel. I will list some of the problems we had encountered and if anyone can post comparisons to Temptation, I would greatly appreciate it. Since the trip I just returned from was my very first trip to Cancun, it's kind of left a bad taste so I'm looking at all options right now.

1. The room was terrible. Not well maintained. Drapes wouldn't close all the way (letting the early morning sun in) and the AC would barely blow cool air. The room would NEVER get below 82 degrees. Made it very difficult to sleep. Also, it took 2 days to get a working phone in the room.

2. Tried many of the on premise restaurants. The food was absolutely horrible at every one of them. Lines were extremely long to get a table and even though we had a black wristband which was supposed to be for the luxury side of things and admit us to additional restaurants, the staff never followed the rules for this and allowed everyone in. Towards the end of the trip, we ended up walking to McDonalds or taking the bus to the mall and eat there. McDonalds was a gourmet meal compared to this place.

3. Lines at every bar were a 45 to 60 minute wait. Only 1 bartender working at each one and most had room for 3 to work. This would have greatly reduced to wait time, but the hotel refused to add additional people.

4. Security would close the pools as soon as it got dark. After this, it was like a ghost town, no entertainment to speak of and VERY dark walking around.

5. Room service was extremely poor. If they didn't hang up on you when you called to place an order, it would take 1 to 2 hours to get your cold food and warm drinks.

6. Always used bottled water to brush teeth, but the shower either smelled like sulfur or a sewer. Some days, the water was brown.

7. Did the on-site covid test and one of my daughters test came back positive. They isolated her in a different room and promised a "special" menu for additional room service. The menu never came and room service never delivered an order. The only way she was able to eat dinner that night was for me to bring her food. Paid for another test and she came back negative. After seeing what they were doing with tests, it didn't surprise me that they had mixed up her original test with some one else.

The hotel staff didn't care one bit about any of the complaints I had and it's pretty obvious they don't care about repeat business. I will NEVER be staying at one of their hotels again.

If anyone would care to comment on these issues and compare to Temptation, I would greatly appreciate it. Like I said before, this will determine if we book for later this year or go somewhere else.

Thanks in advance!!

2. MeanwhileinCanada

MeanwhileinCanada Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    You're going to have a much better time. TTR is a place adults come to party, and that'll last until 3-4 in the morning. If anything some people complain it's too noisy at the end of the night :)

Because of that bar service is pretty fast, and the staff generally do a good job with upkeep and cleaning.

But, TTR is a party resort: the food is above average, the rooms are average, the drinks are great, the party is great, and the social culture with the guests and playmakers is the #1 reason you'd go. You'll make a lot of friends, or at the very least be in a very fun place with your partner.

If you want 5-star rooms and food I'd stay at the Barcelo Maya Palace. You'll be paying a premium for great dining, beautiful beaches, and immaculate rooms. But, like a lot of resorts their nightlife doesn't come close to TTR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice