Confession time: The REAL reason I left the UK

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, my family lives in Maine, USA and they are whining about all the hurricanes they keep getting there too.

Steve, I thought you left because of how bad Brit food is? Oh wait, Mexican food is no better... :D

3. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey wait a minute, my wife is a chef and make the best mole' and pozole in cancun :cool:

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No offense bncancun but most of the time that I eat Mexican food I end up with a stomach ache after wards. Of course there are exceptions, but in general the restaurants in Cancun are mostly bad imho.

5. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have lived here for 6 years and have had 2 cases of food poisining, the first from McDonalds and the second from Burger King. However I have eaten "Tacos de Cabeza" from the guy on the corner with no problem.
    I guess it's all the Tequilla that kills the germs. :cool:

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Must be... I had (only) 5 months in Mexico, and never had any illness or stomach issues. :cool:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

@ Steve: Hahaha! I'm beginning to think so for myself as I got a few inches of rain the other day, remnants of Gustav... roughly 125 km northwest of Chicago! Dennis, Fletch & co should currently be getting rocked by Hanna.

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What time is dinner??? :D Oh that would be at the end of February.lol

8. bncancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me know when your back in town, Aida akways likes to cook and meet new people.
    Oh Mole, Pozole or Tacos de Pollo?

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is an offer my wife and I may not be able to pass up!! Really appreciate it. I will let you know when we will be back.

Oh I want Mole!! If that isnt too much to ask for. hahaha
    We will see you in February!!

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rivergirl,

Why would you, or anyone, live in a place where most of the restaurants are bad? Eating at home is so boring, unless it is my famous spaghetti sauce or something that Bundy cooks and invites me to come up for a feast.

I love the food here, but to be fair, I love all food. It's a wonder I don't weigh 136.077 711 kg.

Pozole, arrachera, tacos de pescado, mole (yes, you purists, I know this isn't Puebla) tortas de lechon, flautas, street meat, elote, marquesitas, Argentinian steak houses, American chains like Chili's and Italiani's and more. Hell, we even have a Carl's Jr now. I could go on and on. Every day is wonderful when it is time to eat. All we need is Krispy Kreme Donuts and life could not be more perfect.

Girl, you are nuts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice