Commute To And From Resort To Airport

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches Grand' started by SandDcouple, Aug 2, 2023.

1. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +713 / 0
    This may have been addressed already as I’m not watch this resort as much as Desire but the two hurdles we have in going to the DR is the hour and half longer flight each way (I/we can stomach this) but what I’m more concerned with is the longer commute from airport to resort. Would like to hear from those that have made the trip themselves. TIA!

2. Анжела72

Анжела72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +114 / 0
    We have been to Grand in January and April, the commute took between 75-85 minutes mainly on 2 lane highway so getting around slower moving trucks and all of the small motorbikes will determine actual time. Scenery was pretty but ride does last 20-30 minutes too long. Also, keep in mind the time zone difference from Cancun and how that might impact your routine. We loved Grand and will return...but the cost of flights to Punta Cana are more than double than to Cancun and the flight schedules aren't as good with very few if any direct flight options for us. We just made last minute end of August reservation to Pearl over Grand...mainly due to flights and that we had been to DRM many times but never Pearl.

3. Indyfun

Indyfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    The flights are more expensive for us as well (Indiana). The 90 min ride to the resort is nice on the way there… pretty scenery and pent up excitement for your vacation. The price and availability of the resort I feel make up for the flights and shuttle. Brand new resort, Temptation resort attached, more food options I feel offset it. We were going to visit pearl in oct as we haven’t been there but switched to grand bc the beach at pearl is non existent. We also appreciate a bigger pool and less claustrophobic of areas. I believe it’s under 2k for 5 nights at grand.

my advice… add a day to your trip for the longer transportation and give it a shot. My wife and I prefer it over RM.

4. SandDcouple

SandDcouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +713 / 0
    Thanks for the responses. It’s greatly appreciated

5. TandJ

TandJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We prefer Grand also and like how we can go back and forth between resorts.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +349 / 1
    Reliable transport, round trip?

7. Indyfun

Indyfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    We used Punta Cana limo transfer. We did find a helicopter option which I tried to contact… but they didn’t respond to emails or phone calls.

8. ash09

ash09 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    Drive is fine, but K and I realized that if we were going back to DR, the drive means it's not worth it to stay for less than 5 nights.

K booked on Expedia for about $80 each way, half the price of Punta Cana Limo Transfer. The difference was in cars - Chevy Suburban vs. Kia SUV.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice