Coco Bongo

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Dec 6, 2012.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    OK, guys, I'm going to go to Coco Bongo's for the first time, with some out of town friends. I know you can negotiate entrance/cover charges if you're a Cancunense. My question is, how much should I pay to get in? (What's the best deal I can reasonably expect?)

V.

2. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V! I think it's past the bedtime of us INAPAM agers.............lol..... jk....

All I know about prices is that the HZ street-timeshare guys can get u some sweet deals if your outa towners are willing to kiss up to them. They kiss back with deals tourists want, but how the "strings" are to be attached is up to the dynamics of the talk. I like Sergio in the "tour" shop beside Lapi's.

Have fun young fella! Bust a move for me.......lol

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
  4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Haven't yet been, it'll be this weekend. I've heard mentioned 350 pesos, but it was a long time ago.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,212 / 14
    Haven't been for a while myself (2 years?) but it's going to be more than 350 pesos. More like $60 -$70 at the weekend.

There is a little booth outside the front on the street, if you go up there and show local id you'll get a discount of 20% I think. You may be able to barter a deal on the street with the people that sell the bracelets but it's not likely to be much since it's their commission they'd be giving away. Just act like you are really undecided, thinking about going to Dady O instead and walk away a few times, the usual thing.

I know you're not a big drinker but maybe your friends are. Once inside ask for a Captain, tip him nicely and ask for a table. Tip your waiter well on the first round and then every so often, he should keep coming back all night.

It can work out expensive, but I'd rather tip well and get good service than pay the entrance fee and hardly see a drink all night.

Let us know how things go.

6. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure how much it is (the times I went, I didn't have to pay) but $50 sounds about right.

Also like Steve said, you'll want to give a waiter or the waiter captain a very nice tip to get a table. Otherwise you'll be shoved in a corner and given little to no service.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    OK, let's see, is that first tip for the first round, or to let them know you want a good table? Whether it's one or two separate tips, how much are we talking about?

8. LindaUK

LindaUK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used to take a bar crawl here every week for a long time!! If you dont get a table then make sure you have a meeting point for friends if you get lost....sounds like something you would say to a child, and I dont mean to be patronising, but if you lose your group its kinda difficult with the amount of people they squeeze in and more complicated if you add alcohol to the equation ;)....I always used to recommend being down by the bar in the middle, (again in case you dont get a table)... stand to the left of it, its good viewing, handy for the bar, near to the toilet and there is an exit there too. Coco Bongo is a great place, the shows are very well done and it has a great atmosphere. Im afraid im not up to date with prices or discounts, but have fun!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice