Cinco De Mayo 2020

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jessica, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    For the sake of being politically correct and not offending the locals, is Cinco deMayo really celebrated in Mexico? We will be there for the takeover and want to downgrade and stay in a trendy garden view the 3 nights after to be there for Cinco de Mayo. Will it be worth it to stick around for the festivities?

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    It's always fun to stay if you can :) but they don't really do much for Cinco deMayo (in mexico). Nothing you do or wear would offend the locals, as they couldn't care less.

The Playmakers might be dressed different that day, and they might have some different menu items, and they will probably change the theme that night (I think they did last year), but it's kind of your run of the mill time there. But it's a popular time with many May repeaters starting to show up, so it will be a fun time!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  3. Jessica

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Joe was asking if he thought we would be burned out. I figured it might be more relaxed. Maybe do one day off resort to do some touristy stuff or the Boobs Cruise.

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    If your actually able to take a day to just chill, than you don't really burn out. Now that's easier said then done. I plan on taking a midweek break every trip, but I don't think it ever happens. Last trip my last full day(Sunday) was very hard, it was two days after the Boobs Cruise and I was exhausted. I always seem to have a very hard time two days after the cruise. My plan ahead was when this happened to go get one of them IVs at the hangover place, but I don't know wtf happened and I completely forgot it existed even though is was right near my room. I had a super late start, and by the time I made it two the premier bar, I ended up having to uselessly lay in one of the beds down on the beach, which I could hear my favorite people heckle me for hours.

Another trip we were there for 10 days, and that was just too long. I say that, but if there would have been a 1.5 day break in the middle, I think it would have been great. The problem is when you plan a trip with 10 other people, everyone wants to break at different times. So it's harder to stick to any type of plan because you either don't want to miss out, or you don't want disappoint that one friend who isn't ready for a break.

I would love to just do 5 day trips more often, then you could do 3-4 a year instead of a 8 day trips twice. But the airfare $$ is the problem with that. The flights are the kicker for us, not the price of booking a garden room.

5. Jessica

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    Agreed. We found a great rate in december, wanted to go for my birthday right after christmas for 3 nights, but the flight cost just wasnt worth it. I actually want to do a little research and see if there was a pharmacy I could get a b12 shot at.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice