Cheapest way to make phone calls

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by the-pred, Apr 15, 2011.

1. the-pred

the-pred Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone have ay advise the cheapest way to make phone calls? My cell is $2.25 Mexico --> Canada. Seems really steep. Don't planning on calling home that much but my wifes mother is not well so can't really restrict those phone calls. Any advice?

2. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    it is a lot cheaper than a land line. before our cell worked in cancun with inter. calling a very short call to arkansas was about $65.00.

3. joanie4365

joanie4365 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought a cheap AT&T Go Phone...$15. Bought a $25 card to load on there. Mexico was 25 cents a minute to USA. 50 cents to send a text, 5 cents to receive. Worked great for me cuz AT &T service is great there. Good luck, and have a great trip!

4. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here's my question... does the calling card cover the network fee and everything?

I've got an iPhone and in Canada it will cost me basically an extra $30 or so to be roaming but I'll have to still pay stupid long distance rates.

5. georgesjunk

georgesjunk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Phone Calls

Go to the store if front of the resort along the road, to the left. Buy a calling card for $10, gives you 22 minutes of talk time to anywhere. You can call as many times as you like until the time runs out.
    Each time you dial, it tells the remaining minutes on the card. The little store is quiet and very friendly. They also have internet access for $2 for 15 minutes, pretty reasonable and simple I think.
    You can't use these calling cards from the pay phones in the resort, even though you can buy the cards in the resort store.
    There is also internet available in the lobby until 11pm for reasonable rates.
    I had my cell set for use in Mexico, paid $70, and made only one sucessful call to Canada, every time I checked voice mail or made a call, as soon as it connected, it automatically disconected. I like the pay phone option.

Good Luck!!

6. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    simple answer if mom can not check on the kiddo it would be a no go-- its a no go this year anyway. ya have fun

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice