Changing to couples only?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dmg1116, May 27, 2013.

1. dmg1116

dmg1116 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know when TTR is changing to couples only?

A couple friends of mine in the States (single females) went to their travel agent to book TTR in Sept. They were told TTR is is the process of changing to couples only but couldnt provide a timeline so my friends decided not to book.

They went to the TTR website and did the live chat and were told the same thing. TTR is changing to coulpes only. They were told that existing reservations made by singles would be honored so if they wanted to book they should do it soon before they no longer would allow singles to book.

My friends dont want to be the only singles there so they are hesitant to book.

Any of you have recently returned hear any scuttlebutt about when exactly the change will take place?

2. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    This has been an rumor for years! I sincerely doubt there is any truth to it.

3. captain11

captain11 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love if it did

4. MetalMike

MetalMike Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well that would suck if they did, There's a lot of single people around here, and as a single person it's really hard to find anyplace like this to go to. Everything else is couples only already.

5. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I've said it before, as a single and as a member I'd be pretty choked if they went that route. Also, it seems odd that there are apparently conflicting messages coming out of the resort. Does this mean that they will make a switch but haven't made an official announcment and some staffers are getting ahead of themselves? Or does the new wording in a lot of advertising confuse some of those you may speak to (the online help folks) etc?

I hate to say it but if they do switch to couples only I'm not sure when the next time I'd go to Cancun again would be, which would be extremely dissapointing to me personally. Now if you'll excuse me I have a pitchfork and some torches to purchase lol!

6. MandZ

MandZ Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 1
    Some singles are a pain in the ass. 99% of the are awesome. I think if you take singles out it would change the vibe.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It has been rumoured for years but recently the rumours seem to have increased. I wonder if there is anything in it this time?

As for what some staff may say I wouldnt rely on anything I hear unless it comes from Executive Management.

I would prefer singles to still be able to go, but do think large groups of single guys should be restricted.

8. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    If they did, they would have to honor the premier contracts purchased by singles unless there is something in the fine print. I'm curious to know if any singles have purchased a premier contract in the last month and what they might have said about going to an all couples resort.

We were warned by someone affiliated with the resort last June when we were there that this change was coming.

Dawn & Curtis

9. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    As much as I love the place the better question for me as a member would be why bother going if I'm going to be one of the only singles there? Nobody really likes being the 3rd wheel on a date, I am not convinced I'd like to be the 3rd wheel for an entire vacation. And yup I'm watching carefully as a member...

10. SharonTerry

SharonTerry Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +373 / 0
    we would be very disappointed if this changed to a couples only resort. We have met so many great singles.. male and female.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice