Champagne Bar

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by BandL, Feb 20, 2018.

1. BandL

BandL Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'll be visiting in July 2018 and cant wait! I've seen conflicting remarks on the Fizz champagne bar at Breathless RC, some say it costs to drink there, others say it is part of the all inclusive package. Can anyone shed any light on this? Also, is the sports bar open? I haven't seen any remarks on this at all on other sites. Thanks everyone, this is a very informative site!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 2
    We have stayed there 24 nights total since they opened and have never seen the fizz bar ever open/staffed or anyone ever get a Champaign drink. Nada. The staff was using it to store extra beer for the swim up bar at the topless pool. It is one of the few extras you would have to pay for at breathless .... but they don’t post prices or show to make it work ... it’s a mystery. Everyone was always wondering.

The night club has a reserved spot for Bottle service (same type of Champaign as fizz) that we have seen a couple groups using. There was also an elevated platform by the topless pool that was set up for the same bottle service but only saw one group using it. It’s cheesy with putting green carpet and is like an after thought (wasn’t there in ‘16 but was in ‘17).

I don’t recall a sports bar there. There is a bar outside the steakhouse where they showed the nba finals last couple years... and has a tv usually with a game on...but not really a sports bar.

Hope that helps. Have fun on your trip!

3. BandL

BandL Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the quick response! Thats really too bad, they should take it off their website. Sounds like a great idea - to have a champagne bar at the pool, but I guess its available at all the other bars. You are the go to guy for all the info, thanks for putting in the time for all of us newbies here!

4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 2
    Thanks for the kind words. The way it seems is that they had a great idea for iced Champaign at the large jacuzzi but they have never been able to implement it. I am guessing that the upcharge for a bottle ($100 plus) limits who is going to use it when there is all the free booze you want or need only 25 yards away. It’s prob not worth staffing if they only sell a bottle or two a day.

Like most resort websites they don’t keep it updated. The giant jacuzzi closes at 7 pm, not at 11 pm, so that is wrong also.

5. ObiRey

ObiRey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    7pm? that's too bad..

Are there any (enforced) time closures on the swimouts? We went to Jamaica a few years ago. The swimouts were a bit chilly at night but a great way to end the evening.

6. LongHodlLTC

LongHodlLTC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    The giant Jacuzzi was open almost all night when I was there in December.

I was in the jacuzzi myself until 3am 3 of the 5 nights I stayed..

As long as you keep the music and commotion down, they dont bother you at all.

7. ObiRey

ObiRey Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    That's great to hear. Was it usually just a few folks or a more social?

8. LongHodlLTC

LongHodlLTC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Depends what time.. 3am a few nights people had sex in the large jacuzzi.

The smaller jacuzzi people had drinks and were hanging, passing around weed etc.

It really depends on people at the resorts.

9. Steven webb

Steven webb Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dose any action go down at the large jacuzzi was closed last me we were there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice