Cancun Weather

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Skinnermap, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Skinnermap

Skinnermap Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we will be there in a little over a week and so far it looks like 60% chance of rain everyday:( What can we do if it rains? Or are they just passing showers all day long?

2. Trina

Trina Cancuncare Staff Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It has rained almost every night this past week and a half. Showers during the day somewhat but not usually lasting all day long. The forecast is rarely accurate as it is impossible to put one prediction on the entire day, it changes so fast here.

What to do when it rains in Cancun? Visit a cenote (cavern) or snorkel. You're wet anyway, a little rain won't hurt you.

Subsee submarine.Cancun Submarine tour is sure to WOW the whole family

Mayan Museum "Museo Maya". It is only 50 pesos entrance.

Interactive Aquarium at Plaza La Isla with dolphin show in the late afternoon.

Shopping...always fun.

These are just a few suggestions. I'd like to hear with others recommend for Rainy Day activities.

3. ccasselman

ccasselman Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of people in Cancun not happy with the recent rain. Weather forecasts are never accurate in the Caribbean and are always pessimistic.

Some of my most relaxing days have been under an umbrella, reading a book and slurping on a Mango Margarita or two while it is pouring rain....but I never had to do it for a week and a half:) Summer is always hit and miss. "On" season starts the second week of December but it you want the best weather, try April and early May but work your way around spring break if you want to avoid the crowds. Here is some info on Cancun weather and averages so that you can see what a typical year looks like:

As you can see from the rain chart at the bottom, September has the most rain.

Hope it gets better.

Chuck

4. Skinnermap

Skinnermap Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for all of the ideas. We are from Texas and have been in a severe drought for the past 3-4 years so summer rains are very rare for us. Don't mind being wet but needed some ideas on other things to do if it is pouring raining. Cenotes sound like a great idea! I have reserve a candlelight table for 2 on the beach for our anniversary as a surprise for my husband; hoping that doesn't get rained out. The rest of the time it can rain all it wants!

5. PA Beachlovers

PA Beachlovers Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Early January weather

We will be in Cancun for the first full week of January, what is the weather like that time of year?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice