Cancun vs Acapulco

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by silver3901, May 21, 2009.

1. silver3901

silver3901 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So which is better?

I went to cancun 2 years ago and loved every second of it and def. want to go back but most my friends from school went to acapulco last year and want to go back there....anyone been to both?

2. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah matey i have been to Cancun 3 times, and went to Acapulco last year for Spring Break, and have to say i loved it. Each has their plusses and minuses though - but at the end of the day, in my opinion; Acapulco is good to do once or twice, tick it off the list; but Cancun is the kind of place you can just keep on going back too.

Plus points for me; it wasnt as crowded as cancun, the music was better (ie more dance etc), and the clubs were more formal, much better ratio of guys to girls, think we were the only english guys in the whole place so the accent worked :wink: , it's more traditionally mexican and you get to mix it up with the mexican tourists too which i kinda liked.

On the flip side, the beach and sea don't compare with Cancun; everything is pretty spaced out, and you have to get taxis everywhere, seemed to be more expensive and theres not as much to do during the day; I don;t think it had the party atmosphere that you get in Cancun.

Like i said at the start, where as it's be nice to go back to Aca, i WANT to go back to Cancun!

Hope that helps!

3. silver3901

silver3901 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea thanks alot I mean I would like to try somewhere new but I know how much I will be missing out on in Cancun....hopefully I can pursued them to try Cancun out

4. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No worries...It's always good experience to try somewhere new so i wouldnt discount it; like i said we really enjoyed the time we spent over there so never say never, maybe other people on here will share the same opinion! :D

there are forums similar to this dedicated to acapulco, they will be able to give you a more subjective view.

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    every few months we get someone who posts which is better..we've seen em all...

Cancun vs Acapulco
    Cancun vs Aruba
    Cancun vs PCB

I vote Cancun above the rest....Granted, I have never been elsewhere for Spring Break, but I wouldn't even consider another alternative. This site is enough for me to prove that Cancun is where its at. There are people who have been on here for years and have partied it up inside and outside of cancun, because lets be honest....we run the show wherever we party!!

6. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ive been to both places... i went to acapulco twice a year for my first 15 years hahahaha living in mexico city also means that most of your vacations or long weekends will be spent in acapulco, because its waaaaaaay cheaper than other destinations, such as cancun... even what Franco said... the tourism there is mostly mexican, i must admit that i miss going there at times... well not really... i love cancun and go back every time i can...

if you are looking for 24/7 party cancun is the place... acapulco is not that much of a party place... but if what you want to see is not mostly american people, acapulco is the place... oh and watch it with the locals trying to rip you off in both places but... they are worse in acapulco hahahaha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice