Cancun Package Questions

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Raven_Glory, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Raven_Glory

Raven_Glory Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey All,

Me and my friends are australians on exchange in US and we were thinking of going to Cancun for spring break. We found a deal from studenttravelbreaks.com for $770, including meals, flights, 40hrs of drinks and accommodation for 7 nights, it also includes some kind of party pass ("40+ HOURS of FREE DRINKS! 14 FREE Meals! Welcome Party and Orientation, Exclusive Party Wristband") . Is this a good deal? could we do better? Amenities aren't as important to us as price, I have found a hostel which charges only $18 a night and so could probably do it cheaper that way, my main question is how much are clubs and alcohol and those kinds of thing? i think staying in hostels i think i could get it down to $550 but that doesn't include food or booze or anything, so am i better with a package deal as listed above or buying it piecemeal.

Thanks in advance, Alex

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First question first is which hotel are they offering?

I personally don't do the package deals because they "require" you do their events every night, so when you find a club or something you really like, you're already paying for the next nights club in advance so to speak so you might as well just go to that one to see how it is....

3. Nuno

Nuno Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you are better off planning your package from scratch and while you are down there going with the flow

usually companies like that are overcharging.

4. ChadD

ChadD Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with both Fletch and Nuno. Find out which hotel this is exactly, and scrap the preplanned club pass. You'll hate yourself after the first night. People seem to think following student city will provide for the best night, but what happens is the clubs get completely over crowded to the point, for me at least, claustrophobia starts kicking in. I did two of their parties last year and will never go to another one.

5. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    also... the hostels are all downtown and if its your first time to cancun, and you are not going with a fluent spanish speaker it might get a bit complicated... specially if you are a big group...

thats just me tho...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice