Cancun map

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Laura Mapchick, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone gotten the new Cancun map?
    I'd really love to hear some thoughts, do you like it?

2. SeanandTina

SeanandTina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no, but still waiting to hear about the new isla map

3. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Laura! I do not have your new Cancun map but I do have the 2006 and 2009 editions. I spend 2 months in Puerto Juarez at a time with lots of time in Cancun Pueblo. I always wish you had more info on those areas. I actually prefer the 2006 downtown map (with my many pen notations). It seems to cover a larger area but there is so much more to find and explore in those areas. By any chance does your newest edition have more info on outlying areas of Cancun rather than mostly downtown area? I love your maps and carry them back and forth with me all the time. Thank you! :icon_cool:

4. den&holly

den&holly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOVE them!!!

We have purchased in the past - lots of different maps and locations- but these are the BEST EVER!! So much detail and information. We never had a tour route for Isla Mujeres before or a walking tour of downtown Cancun. Looking forward to putting these to use at the end of this month. We have been to the area 20+ times and still find new places & things to do! Thanks Laura & Perry for high quality items!

5. dioxide45

dioxide45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We bought the Map Junkie set right after the new Cancun and Isla maps were released, will be putting them to the real test when we get to Cancun at the end of the month. Have to pass through Aruba and Panama first though.

Looking at them, they look great with a lot of information on them. We have never bought prior versions even though we have been to Cancun once before, but glad we picked them up for this trip.

6. Trina

Trina Cancuncare Staff Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I just got the new Cancun Maps and WOW, I am impressed! I have lived here for almost 9 years and I learned so much just by looking over all the info on the maps. I love the inserts for Attractions, Restaurants & Downtown.

If I were coming to Cancun and wanted to do my research, I would HAVE to have one of these Cancun Maps. The maps give you a sense of familiarization with the layout of the area, how to get around, approx. cost of meals & entertainment and much more.

Great work Laura. All you super-planners out there, these are a MUST for you. Check it out: http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Map.htm

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I <3 Cancun Maps

Redhed - There is a nice street map book, called Punto Mapa, that has each SM or Region on a separate page, plus a fold out map of the whole area. Great for finding your way around the non-downtown part of Cancun but not outside of town. They are hard to find in stores even though they are cheap. I saw a delivery guy with one years ago and tracked them down. It is time to see if they have a new edition. Let me know if you need something like this and can't find it as I am going to have to go to their old office and see if they are still there.

8. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know I'm late posting, but we have both new Cancun and Isla maps now.

9. Lee in NC

Lee in NC Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    new Cancun map set

Just received my new maps and will say they are great after spending 3 hours with them this rainy afternoon (while waiting for Andrea to pass) here on the NC Crystal Coast. Although we are heading back to Cancun for our 26th trip this fall, I still find MapChick's maps very informative and educational with the great tips.

10. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Crap T.J....I just saw your reply.....my bad! And....I just returned from 2 months once again in PJ!! That map sounds fab! Thanx for the reply and so sorry I didn't see your post before. If you find a new version, I would love to get one! I will keep an eye out this time for a reply ;)

We have most of Laura's maps and share them all on every visit....they are amazing! Thank you Laura and Perry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice