Cancun International Airport !!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by cunspin, May 2, 2007.

1. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :evil: They can make the most "state of the art" airport in the world but if they do not get rid of the MOB of People that accost you when you are trying to leave it will make no difference at all. MY GOD!!!! I was loaded with Luggage on Sunday and they would not get out of my way, Traveling is stressful enough without having some idiot blocking your way yelling TAXI. Cancun Is (In my experience) the only airport that has these annoying people giving everyone a lovely first impression of Cancun.

I just had to rant a bit maybe someone from the airport will read this and do something.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    It is the only airport I've ever been to where they are selling tours to you even before you clear customs. :D

Jamie

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I third everything you said.

I've never been anywhere that they turned the airport into a tourist trap basically. They really should clear them out of there.

Nick and Renee

4. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You people are too touchy..lol

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Just to give an example of just how bad they can be.
    A taxi driver bit the arm of a tour rep because he was taking his passengers to the coach when the taxi driver believed it was his fare.Taxi driver would not release the passengers suitcases he had accosted .My husband had to zoom to the airport police and deal with it.Said there was blood everywhere.Im sure those passengers had agreat first impression.
    Animals!!!!!!
    Love
    Tracey
    x

6. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe, but there are probably more 'touchy' people with money to spend in Cancun than those which are not - and if they become sufficiently dissuaded from traveling there by non-action on these types of behavior, they will find another place to go.

It would be in Cancun's best interest to structure that chaos a little bit more than they have.

7. BrianL

BrianL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Punta Cana's airport is the same way. We just take our bags, run and try to find our tour bus people when we go there.

8. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe I give off an indigent vibe :cool: or something but they never seem to look my way when I am in the airport. I do see them attacking like a pack of hyenas though with everyone else.

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They never bother me either, I think that you just have to look like you know where you are going, not look at them and it probably helps to have your keys or cell phone out. Look like a local.

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nothing annoys me more than walking out of Walmart with your CAR KEYS VISIBLE IN YOUR HAND, and being asked if you want a taxi.

Gaaaaaaaa.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice