Cancun Bus Ride

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Paul-N-Pam, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Paul-N-Pam

Paul-N-Pam Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    For cheap morning entertainment, take the bus for a cheap cheap tour of the Cancun strip. We use this time for shopping, Walmart, souvenirs. But mostly for photo ops. Keeps you from having to explain why you have no vacation pics. Also go early and you will not miss any TTR fun.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Chris & Kim

Chris & Kim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    So there is a bus stop outside of TTR? Do they take American money? How is the bus identified? Thank you, my wife was just saying we got to TTR and never left :p, We would like to at least see the strip this time.

3. hotfitcpl

hotfitcpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 1
    The R2 bus stops right outside TTR and has Walmart painted on the windshield. Bus stops 1/4 block away from Walmart on the way there and right beside the entrance for the return trip. Cost was 1US.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. Headstone

Headstone Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +393 / 0
    26 pesos for the ride. We do a trip every visit . Usually to the bar area where we hit the beach and the waves

5. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    The Cancun bus rides should not be missed they may just rival some of the theme park ride you have been on. :eek:

T

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  6. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    We've taken the bus a couple times $1USD each way ... it's like an amusement park thrill ride, as the driver darts around other vehicles, and a cheap tour ... hang on though :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Sandyhookers

Sandyhookers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Took the bus downtown then took the Collectivo to Playa Del Carmen. Then did the return trip later at night. A few language issues- but all worked out. The bus station/downtown area was a bit loud and crazy at night - not sure I would want to spend too much time walking around- lucky for us we didn't wait long for the bus

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 3
    You are right that it can be a bit like an amusement park ride. We've taken the collectivo (A smaller bus) to Playa Del Carmen and beyond and the price is usually very cheap. It can be quite an experience as the drivers don't mess around. A couple times it felt like we were running from the cartel and we should be leaning out the windows, shooting at the cars behind.

9. Fredmgill

Fredmgill Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    Just to add my 2 cents. Heading out in 17 days for trip 14. We always take the bus a couple times a week. We used to take the bus to Walmart to get several cans of whipped cream. Within the last few years they have opened up their own local version of Walmart called Selecto Market. This is about the same distance as Walmart but in the other direction. Cross the street and take the bus toward the Hotel district. In the same vicinity you will find Coco Bongo and most of the other downtown attractions. There you will find a great selection of food, liquor, and anything else you can think of at as good or better prices than Walmart. Many other souvenir shops in the area plus you can check out the beautiful stretch of beach. Always felt comfortable on the buses, you can ask the driver for Selecto Market, there is a stop right next to it, they will let you know when to get off.
    P&L

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice