Canadian kids magazine features Mexico

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by JenMan, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JenMan

JenMan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since there has been so many posts and talk about the negative media attention Mexico receives in North America lately...I thought I'd share a tiny positive piece of attention.

My husband and I were recently hired by chickaDEE magazine (a Canadian kids magazine geared to children 6-9) to take photos for their cover story in Mexico and conduct an interview with a Mexican child. Periodically they put out these issues focusing on different parts of the world and do a "Meet ???? from ????" type story. We were thrilled to be part of their issue on Mexico. The end product was a 4 page spread.

PS-we interviewed & photographed the cutest Mexican child we know...my beautiful step-daughter Eleanne. (they even created a drawing of her for the cover and she LOOOVES that she was turned into a cartoon!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is ADORABLE! :)

3. JenMan

JenMan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know! We're so happy with how it turned out and she thinks is soooo cool to have been featured in a magazine. Funny thing is before they accepted her they were debating if she was "Mexican" enough because they said people in Cancun aren't very Mexican and more American!!! I had to assure them that very few people actually live in one of the multi million dollar condos in the hotel zone, most don't eat McDonald's every day and people don't just hang out in WalMart. So crazy some people's perception!

Gringation...I believe I follow you on Twitter (my personal account is @jen_sweeta ). We shared a laugh over the questionable English sometimes that ends up on Mexican signage not too long ago. lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice