Can Someone Please Tell Me What Type Of Music Do They Usually Play?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ivi08, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Ivi08

Ivi08 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Was watching a resort review and they were complaining about to much Techno. So wanted to know what type of music they usually play. Thanks

2. JANDATX

JANDATX Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    It seems to depend on the night. Rodeo night they throw in a little C&W. The last couple times we have been it seems a little better overall. Maybe all the complaining finally hit a nerve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Ivi08

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Great.. Hope so. lol.. I really like a little bit of everything but too much techno would definitely drive me insane. lol..

Do they play any spanish music?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  4. lookin4friends

lookin4friends Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0
    Shitty

5. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,951 / 5
    They play a mix but, unless you get lucky (which happens), the DJs have a rule that, once they start playing music that the current crowd likes and starts filling up the dance floor, they will immediately switch to the exact opposite to clear the dance floor. This happens over about 10 cycles each night. My guess is it is a Mexican safety rule. Kidding, it’s just DJs that can’t read the room!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Ivi08

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    LoL.. I was like ..huh?? lol... Im just hoping Im not stuck to one type of music all day & night. As long as they switch up I'll be fine. Thanks for the info!

7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 4
    They pretty much play everything, and play it very loud!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. OlexandraInAZ

OlexandraInAZ Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We're going for our first time in a few weeks, but through another group on FB (which has many, many VERY STRONG opinions about the music...whew...) I found a Spotify playlist that is allegedly the one they use at TTR. If you have Spotify, search "Sexy Bash" made by "Dj Arcos mx" and you should find it! It's about 8.5 hours long and a surprisingly decent mix of music. I do believe, however, that the DJs add a "club" beat over the songs. (Techno is a totally separate genre of music, so unless they are truly playing techno music, most of the songs should be at least recognizable.) I also watch TTR's Instagram stories and try to listen to the music in the background when they post videos from nights at the resort. Hope that helps!

9. T&D PA

T&D PA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 1
    The music is often extremely random. Last summer, one night, they were playing some early 2000's hip hop and it was awesome, but very short lived. It would go from Laffy Taffy by D4L to 30 minutes of latin techno. Most nights the dance floor was completely empty. I think people started to realize that if they made their way to the dance floor because a song they liked was playing, they would get 2 minutes tops of dancing before it changed to something completely different. No point in even going out there. I do remember on the Friday we were there, around 2-3pm at the sexy pool, they started playing a lot of popular hip hop songs and the place went wild. So many people up and dancing. It was awesome! But it was only that one day. I know music is extremely subjective, so this is always a complicated conversation.

A few songs you can totally count on hearing are: Fireball (pitbull), Tahki Tahki, Shake that ass for me, Bailando, Rope', Despacito, Vivir Mi Vida

10. Ivi08

Ratings:
    +33 / 0

Thanks!!! as long as they switch it up it ok with me lol..

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice