Can I pay the predial online?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by davisod, Nov 11, 2012.

1. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Miracles happen - so hear goes the annual question: Can I pay the predial online this year?

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Matkirk. I remember someone trying to make it work, and then claiming it did. But I don't remember them ultimately saying it failed. Seems they were in Playa if memory serves me correctly.

4. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I am coming back from nowhere :)
    I can tell you about my experience.... the answer is NO :(. Yes, there is the site, but it allows to enter a clabe with 17 digits, and mine (probably yours too) has 18 so figure. Of course they don't take calls nor reply to emails.

If someone can give me the solution, I would be very grateful. Hopefully I am about to sell this property and I need to pay and get the receipt without setting foot in Cancun.

Thanks.

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It seems like they are offering 50% discount for pensioners and the 15% for the rest of us. I guess now is the time to pay?

6. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this a new thing this year, a 50% discount for "pensioners"?

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Thanks, Mat, for the info.

Davie, those discounts seem typical: a discount of 50% is given to those who hold an INAPAM card (free ID, issued by the government, to those 60 YOA and over. It gets you nice discounts in a number of contexts, and is available to foreigners who hold a resident permit, temp or permanent.

I was by the tax office, yesterday: the discounts are to be in effect, starting Monday!

Jenleib, check the website again, Monday, perhaps they will have activated it to accept payments, online.

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    As of this moment, it appears the link is still not functional. I went personally to the tax office yesterday, and they said it was impossible to pay the predial, at that moment, because "the system is down".

I'll try again in a few days.

9. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the clarification, V. I am 60 YOA, BUT DON'T have an INAPAM card. First I need to receive "perma-res" status - WHICH CAN'T BE TILL I arrive THERE this winter. Isn't there an old thread on here where you explained how to apply for the INAPAM?

10. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Still not clear to me that the online payment system is working, but for those who are here, the tax office is trying to make it as convenient as possible.

They were working, yesterday, 9 AM to 1 PM. The lines were long, but moving rapidly. A special area had been set up for pensioners (jubilados, tercera edad), and disabled people.

I had run into a problem this year relating to the fact that the tax office had now placed responsibility for payment of the taxes on the bank holding my fideicomiso. But, I spoke with the director in charge, showed him relevant pages of my fideicomiso, and he agreed I should get the discount available for holders of the INAPAM card, because the terms of the fideicomiso are quite clear in the bank's having transferred the duty to pay the taxes to me. This slowed the process down, but all's well that ends well, they say.

The 50% discount offered to holders of the INAPAM card only apply to the first 1,450,000 pesos or so of declared value, but the savings is considerable, in spite of that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice