Cablemas Scam?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by LTL, Jan 5, 2010.

1. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am I missing something here?
    I switched from Sky to Cablemas a few months ago as the cost is a lot less and I do not watch much TV.
    My complaint is that the bill almost always comes on the last day of the month and is due on the first day of the next month. They charge you addition 50 peso’s for being late?
    So, needless to say, I almost always get dinged the extra 50 peso’s as 24 hours is not enough time when busy.
    I went to pay yesterday (4 days late)at the office in Gran Plaza and argued that it is not enough time and I should be given at least a week from when the bill is received. She just said to bad. I had reported this a couple of months back as well to the same girl and she said that she would report it. Yet the bill still comes with 1 day to pay.
    Before I loose it on one of these workers one day over principle alone, what am I missing?
    Thanks.

2. coby

coby Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have Cablemas as well, but down here in Playa del Carmen. We've never received a proper bill -- we just know that the due date is the 17th of each month and pay before then.

We've paid a of couple months weeks in advance and never had any problems with doing that. The first month we paid the bill on the 22nd...because we never received a bill and didn't know the due date. We weren't given a penalty and that's when we found out we needed to pay before the 17th each month. Never worried about getting a bill since then.

I'm guessing since you actually get a real bill, and need to see the bill, that you have phone service/charges with them (we do not) and in that case the 1-day turn around is the problem. The best thing I'd recommend is paying online, which you can do from cablemas.com

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our Cablemas bill only comes about 50% of the time. So, like Coby, we just pay before the due date regardless of whether there's a bill in hand.

4. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the input. Still seams a bit of a ploy on their end.

Also the fact that you have to go their office to pay is a pain, as opposed to stopping at OXXO with all the bills in one stop.

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @LTL: At least you get a bill... :(

6. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can also pay online. I rarely get a Cablemas bill on time...if at all. Just know to pay on or before the due date and you'll be fine.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Um, I thought you could pay Cablemas at OXXO. Scratch that, I HAVE PAID Cablemas at OXXO.

And you can pay online too, supposedly, except that every time I try to fill out the online form to set it up the form blows up. (I've noticed that Mexican web folk often don't seem particularly competent when it comes to form building.)

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you can definitely pay at Oxxo. i hate when i forget to pay until after the due date and then have to go to the cablemas office. i try to pay online or at oxxo every month.

9. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LoL.. I especially love how they word it "ahorra" (save!) $50 by paying on time.. like its a discount! The Oxxo thing recently changed too.. now you have to pay 2 or 3 days BEFORE its due at Oxxo.. If you wait on the bill chances are you wont get it in time. Write down your contract number and just pass by one of their offices to pay or do the online thing.

10. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Speaking of Cablemas.. I got my bill today..( 2 days before its due) and they charged me for stuff I don't have, so now I have the pleasure of going to argue with them about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice