Cablemas does it again

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Nov 27, 2012.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    For the last two months running, Cablemas has turned off our internet service, though our bill is paid in advance, forcing us to spend up to an hour on the phone to get it restored.

Then, just a few days ago, they removed what was channel 61, Universal, from our package of stations. That being practically the only station we still watched removed a big part of the value for us.

What is the current experience with other providers? Do any manage to compete? Our package includes internet, telephone, and "some" TV (about 40 channels, most of which we don't watch), for just about 700 pesos per month.

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have Sky TV - basic package, plus sport package (you get bbc america, discover, nat geo, fox, mtv, nfl etc. if you didn't want sport you can put the news package in or whatever you want) 359 pesos - so much better than cablemas.

For internet/phone Telmex - 575 a month (expensive, but no complaints really.)

So for 930 pesos I have the same as you but with channels I like to watch, no probs with service and fibreoptic internet.

Worth the extra 200 pesos???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice