Bus or Cab

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by leeleent, Jan 16, 2015.

1. leeleent

leeleent Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We've always felt safe in the past to go on the Bus to the Party Zone, But the last time we were there (2009) a fight broke out on the bus. How safe are the buses to use now? is it best to use a cab?

2. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    You'll be fine. I've never seen anything like that on one of the buses down there. Probably no worse than taking a bus in your own city.

3. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    We feel safe using the bus. And cheaper than a Cab

4. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    We've taken the bus many times over the years with zero issues. And those bus drivers down there dont drive slow either!

5. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 2
    The buses are great, but late at night they are packed full with employees going home from their resort jobs. We were coming back on the bus to TTR after a night out at a club...the bus was so full, we couldn't see out a window to be able to tell when we were at our stop. Being a little drunk probably didn't help. We wound up past the resort...and no more buses were running back the way we needed to go and wound up having to flag down a cab.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    We're from farm country in Northwest Illinois, so we have never taken a taxi anywhere, and the only time on a bus would be a Disney World. That being said we took a bus from GP to Temptation for the Bobs Cruise, and a taxi back. Didn't feel nervous in either situation, but at times leading up to the trip I do wonder about which would be safer. I mean you are in Mexico, shit does happen. I guess in my limited experience I would feel safer on a bus than a cab that could turn you into an alley in a second, but if it was late at night and a pack of non tourist got on the bus, I would be pretty nervous too.

Guess what I'm trying to say is we're country folk, and the big city scares us. One of the reasons we never leave the resort once we are there. :sofa:

7. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    You will be good either way. Late at night I tend to prefer the speed of the taxi myself but the bus is perfectly sage too

8. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    more afraid of their driving , then a fight,,, fights can happen any where

9. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Shit happens anywhere and everywhere, small towns to big cities in every country in the world. I'd bet tourists cause more problems then the non tourists do in the hotel zone. Most of the Mexican folk that use the buses are going to and from work. That being said I feel the same as you but opposite. We're city folk, thru and thru and the country scares us

10. channel12

channel12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    I take the bus all the time, day, night, party zone, downtown, etc. I'll usually only take a cab at the end of the night after a club when I need to get to those Temptation burgers asap, also cause I can't stand up.
    That being said, I've never felt in danger by locals or otherwise. I would imagine that the bus would be a bit more rowdy around spring break time and if you were riding it on the east coast side (servicing Oasis, GR Solaris).
    If you're gonna take a cab, always negotiate before you get in and try a few different taxis to see who will give you the best price. Many times they ask for $10 to get from party zone to Temp but I've often got it for $5-$7.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice