Bus Fare

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Vegas Melissa, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Vegas Melissa

Vegas Melissa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what's the bus fare up to these days?

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. cancunkrazy

cancunkrazy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep 7.5 pesos but not the right change back!

4. michele64119

michele64119 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bus

wow 57 us cents... that is awsome.. kinda like how the bahama's were.
    in the bahama's the bus sat there til full and it was crammed..
    what is the bus routes like down there.. I know there are several bus's, do they just stop at a stop etc????

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michele,

In the Hotel Zone the buses run 24/7, but the later it gets, the less frequently they run.

Any public transportation bus you see in the HZ will take you to downtown or to about the Westin Regina if going toward the airport.

So if your hotel (as 95% are) is, on; the Caribbean side of the street, to go towards downtown just walk out to the street and look for the bus stop signs. They are everywhere. Going the other direction, you cross the street. To get back to your hotel just leave from the opposite side of the street from where you started.

By downtown, I am referring to downtown Cancun, aka Centro, and NOT to Party Center. We really have a downtown.

Either the R-1 or R-2 or R-15 routes will get you in the vicinity of Avenida Yaxchilan, home to sports bars and rock and roll type of clubs, where the drinks are alwasy 2-4-1 and about half what you would pay in the HZ.

If you are going to Walmart, you want the R-2. The only trick going to and from Walmart is that going there, you get off along Avenida Coba, cross the street and walk one block to Walmart and Sam's Club. But you DO NOT go back to Coba to get a bus back to the HZ. You walk out of Walmart, make a left to the street (Xcaret) and the bus stop is about 20 yards to the left.

Oh yeah, once downtown you can take local bus routes to Plaza Las Americas and other places. I believe these fares are now $5.5 pesos. All bus fares are per person each way. No such thing as a transfer.

One thing I always suggest is to carry a pocket full of coins so you can pay exact change, or as close as you can to exact. The drivers will hand you money, you walk away, figure they shorted you, but they have amnesia at that point. The best thing to do when waiting for change is (1)know how much change you have coming and (2) stand there with your hand out until you have the correct change.

Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice