Burritos!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancun Fun, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went to a new to us place on the corner of La Luna & de Las Palmas last night called Burrito Grill. Really awesome, huge burritos for 38 pesos!!! Here is a link to google maps for the location.

http://alturl.com/xmbmv

(In the google maps pic it is the place in the far back with the red sign above...but now they have a huge sign with a burro on it. The place with the se renta sign is now a little bar so you can order beers or micheladas from there and burritos from Burrito Grill.)

We will for sure be adding this place to our list of very cheap good meal places!

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sweet, i'll be sure to check that out. So is it over the roundabout at Nichupte by McDonalds, down Bonampak and right where the small Sorianna/La Parilla is and head in the direction of the main road that Costco and the Big Sorianna are on, Las Palmas is half way up on the right?

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Sam it's on the corner of La Luna and Las Palmas mate - in front of where you uncle lives in those apartments California or whatever they are called.

Just click the link provided and it shows you on a google map.

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My uncle lives where? Yeah i clicked the map, was just trying to make sense of how to get to that area, remember i'm rubbish with directions, even if i've driven there 100 times, hence why my wife shouts at me when i go the wrong way everyday!

5. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is good news! I was just starting to think they only sold burritos in northern Mexico (and the US, of course)

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been there twice in the last 3 days and love it. There is a beer place 10 meters away and they make pretty good Micheladas. The places work well together, both having outside seating of sorts, and they will bring your beers to the burrito tables and vice versa.

The barbacoa is better than the carne asada. I am going to work my way thru the menu.

7. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from the burritos with MatKirk. AMAZING! I especially liked the setting :) very pleasant.

Only ate half a burrito and couldn't finish it because it was so huge! $38 pesos for a burrito, $10 for a drink.

Fresh-tasting ingredients and the best horchata I've ever had, I think.

Our waitress was awesome, too!

Definitely going back soon. Thanks for recommending it Trina!

8. Nevets

Nevets Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We made out way over to the Burrito Grill tonight for dinner.....awesome!!! The food was delicious! Reminded me of Chipotle back in the states. Big ole burritos for cheap prices and they had a bunch of wonderful hot sauces. Thanks for the heads up Cancun Fun, great choice. And T.J., i went with the barbacoa and i'm pretty sure i gained a new stretch mark tonight! We'll be going back for sure....

9. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going back tomorrow and think I'll give the barbacoa a shot then this time. I like the carne asada. Remided me of Chipotle grill as well, used to love that place!

10. Gringation

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went again yesterday. Still couldn't finish the entire thing, but I made my way up to 2/3!!

Carne Asada burrito = awesome.

The consensus seems to be that the Pollo Enchilado (Spicy Chicken) is the best... and it's not that spicy, just has a kick to it.

*Bonus: One of the owners is American!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice