Bringing Dallas's walker and stroller

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by angels_among_us, Jan 9, 2007.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how will we go about this? we will need to bring both when we go to cancun. His walker and his medical stroller. is it going to cost us a lot extra to bring it? were be flying with worryfreevacations.
    does anyone know? i am guessing we can take the walker on the flight ( it will fold down and can be stored i am guessing)
    but were need the stroller when we get off the flight.. can anyone have it waiting for us?

2. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    contact worryfreevacations and ask their policy. that will be your best answer. :D

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Contact worryfree or the airline carrier about their policies. When we flew with Max, we brought his stroller right up to the gate. They folded it and stowed it and had it waiting for us when we got off the plane. I think they do the same for wheelchairs so it should not be a problem, just verify ahead of time.

4. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most commercial airlines will let you bring strollers and wheelchairs right up to the airplane door. The gate agent should tag it for you for identification and retrieval purposes. Once you get to the aircraft door, they will stow it for you and then will have it ready for you on landing.

There normally isn't a cost associated with the service. If you're not travelling on one of the majors, then I'd double check with your carrier before hand.

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't forget to ask for preferential seating for you guys also to make it easier to get on and off the plane.

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks guys! i had emailed them but noone got back to me yet! :) so I am still waiting. I figued it would not be a problem but I am kinda worried about it coming up missing.. the stroller its self cost over $1000 dollars! I don't know what were do if it comes up missing! To some it may look like junk( nothing cute about it!) but its a medical stroller and they are not cheap! as far as the walker I am not sure what to do. Not sure he can even use it on the flight ( if the wall way is wide enough) although I am pretty sure it can be folded up and put away ( we have not got it in its was ordered 2 weeks ago)

also.. about taxi's should we just call ahead when we need one ? it can fit in a trunk( both items) but want to make sure we get a taxi with a trunk. What about the buses? how do we get the stroller on the bus? if he is in the stroller we will probley not have the walker with us.

WOW this is gonna be more complicated then I thought.

what about tours taking it with us? ahhhhh crud

7. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yes. We will ask to be put on the plane before others and either left off first or last.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Catrina,

How did you deal with these issues last time you took Dallas to Cancun?

I imagine he had a stroller back then too.

9. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my kids have never been to cancun. They have been to hawaii and we got a stroller from a medical place there. As far as tours in hawaii . we had a rental car and the one place that picked us up for one we made sure they used a bus that could transport the handicap. we didnt have to travel with these items then as we got them there. we wont be renting a car this time and will rely on the bus system in cancun

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bad..I thought the kids went with you for some reason.

I'd go ahead and call Worryfree Vacations just in case they don't answer your e-mail.

Taking the stroller on the plane shouldn't be an issue. Just doas the others suggested and let themtake it from you right before you board the plane.

You'll get it back. They will bring it up for you I suspect but that should be another question to ask Worryfree Vacations when you call them.

As for taking the stroller on the bus...I wouldn't advise it at all. The buses are so crowded and I think you'll find it to be a huge headache.

I'd use the taxis to get around. I can't remember being in a taxi that doesn't have a trunk or a hatchback so I don't think that will be a problem. But remember to tip the driver if he assists you in getting the stroller in the taxi. That is above and beyond.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice