Breathless Riviera Maya review

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by Aland juls, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Aland juls

Aland juls Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Just got home today after two weeks at Breathless. The resort was beautiful, spotless and the quality was excellent. The room was amazing it was spacious with a few great touches, two head/person shower, low level lights that came on when you moved around at night. The air conditioning was freezing. They do have a green policy and try to keep the laundering to a minimum but will change towels and sheets whenever you want. The mini bar was always well stocked and the maids did a turn down service too. Room service was great too, we used it a couple of times and the food quality was great and was hot, they don't list alcohol on the menu but we didn't ask for it.
    The pools were spotless and warm, we used the Freestyle pool area most days , that's where the DJ played most of the day and they had the foam party. The waiter service around the pool was great and loads of staff. The food at the pool was great too, only negative was they used a little too much salt on the food but I'm being picky.
    Unfortunately there was a conference on and more than 500 meditators the first week which did kill the atmosphere a bit but on the plus side you could have any sun lounger you wished. This got better on the second week . The only complaint I had was the music, from 10 am until 12pm there was background techno dance music them from 12pm there was a DJ playing you guessed it Techno. If your planning a short trip this might not bother you but 2 weeks of it was brutal.

The food was great, standard buffet for breakfast a good selection but sometimes it could be a little cold. Buffet was available 24 hrs and there are many restaurants and we tried 5 different and were impressed with them all.

There were 2 main bar areas at night, one was where the put on a lot of the shows (the best I Have seen in any resort) and then they had a DJ (dance music again) . They have top brand alcohol and will offer you top brands, the staff were amazing look for Richardo, really nice guy. The other bar showed the sports and the music was quieter so you could talk without shout too much again the staff were great look for Angel here he was great especially if you like shots.
    There is also a theatre which held some of the shows and a night club, we tried the club a couple of times, first week it was dead because of the meditators but it was better the second week but if the resort was full I think it would struggle for space.

The beach area is on two levels, it seems to be a reclaimed mangrove and they have levelled it and but some beds there but the step down to the tidal area was a little steep and the quality of the beach was poor with roots and stones on it.

There were no theme nights when we were there which was disappointing and no real sexy vibe so it's not the place to go if you want that.

Topless optional at the freestyle pool only but very little participation. My wife was in a thong and topless for the two weeks but there was a few awkward moments when she was being talked about which pissed me off. We met some nice girls who wanted to go topless but didn't feel comfortable enough to do it.

Overall I thought the place was great and maybe we were there at just the wrong time but I would check with the hotel prior to booking to see what conferences they have on.
    More of a relaxed getaway than a TTR party but was great as long as you know what your getting.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Thanks for the great review!

I should probably open a Breathless Section here, since we are getting a few questions about it. Shame the topless, sexy vibe isn't there at the moment although I'm sure 500 Meditators doesn't help that vibe much.

3. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Great review!
    As for the topless issue, we've just got back from 3 weeks at a totally vanilla, adult's only resort in Mexico, and GoGo was topless around the pool, and in the adult's only section of the beach for the whole time. Nobody said a word, or made her feel at all uncomfortable (although, to be honest, that's not too easy!:wink3:)
    :daisy:

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I'm curious about the price point paid for the 2 weeks? The rumor was that it, Breathless RM would be ~$500 USD/night, so if that's the case.. for 14 days that'd be $7K! Ouch! That's almost the Desire Cruise leaving from/going to Venice (no airfare) right there. So, as with most things U.K. travel-wise, I expect you got some sort of deal, right? Our friends from the Midlands, U.K. always get great travel offers to go to MX.

5. Aland juls

Aland juls Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    No not really a special deal. Our travel operators buy in bulk and we buy as a package with hotel ,flights and transfers included. The prices do go up and down a little depending on the time of year. I expect to be £3000 to £3600 for two weeks to TTR next October , november

6. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    Thanks for the great review!

7. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    John,
    Black Friday - 5 nights with Air from middle of USA was $1400 per person. I would guess air at $450-$500 of that, so room was ~$360 per night?

8. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    Cyber Monday deal

We booked on cyber Monday and have 7 nights, flights, checked baggage (1 each)and transfers that totaled $2975. Flights are typically around $500 each. Booked direct through Delta. Flight is from Spokane Washington. So less than $250 a day. Figured it was worth the deal.

Looking forward to trying out the new resort.
    R & K

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice