breathless dont go....

Discussion in 'Breathless Riviera Maya Forum' started by tropic2, Sep 18, 2016.

1. tropic2

tropic2 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    realy i think it s better oasis sens or golden p. than breathless maybe its nice infrastrecture,,but it doesnt hot party like Temptation or spicy so i think ,theres not attention......
    :huh:
    grettings....

2. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Good to know. Thanks!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Can't see the attraction of Breathless RM myself. I know a few locals that go regularly, due to freebies and being "in with the management", but their comments to me are that the facilities, food and service are great, but there's no sexiness, and nightlife is boring. Not going to try it out myself at $500 a night and be disappointed.

My opinion is it is just another cookie cutter Riviera Maya resort, dozens of them have been built along the 40 mile stretch between Cancun and Playa del Carmen over the last ten years. Low land prices and plenty of availability means they are relatively cheap to build, compared to the congested Cancun Hotel Zone with high prices and few vacant plots.

Many of these cookie cutter RM resorts go for different twists - adults only, kid friendly, business conventions, adjoining golf course, adjoining theme park etc but they are basically no different to each other and they all have one thing in common - they suffer from very low occupancy levels but charge a high price per night to compensate, and were cheap to build compared to prime locations. That's how they can exist.

Nice new buildings, fancy restaurants, great service, huge spread out grounds, multiple pools etc. Beaches along the RM coast are just as bad as the one at TTR. For the best Cancun beaches go to GP or Oasis Sens, but then you have to accept that they have other important criteria that lack.

Been to many of these (non adult only) Riviera Maya resorts with my wife and kids, they are mostly identical. Been to so many I cant remember one from another! Always a snoozefest, but when we go with the kids we are not looking for the same things we look for when we go for a cheeky weekend away :)

The one's that call themselves topless friendly (Breathless) aren't really topless friendly at all, hardly anyone does, and if they do it has to be in specified areas. The majority of their clients are just as vanilla as any other resort.

The new TTR is going to have the new fancy restaurants, the new fancy buildings and rooms, the usual great service we all know. Plus, the things that none of the others have - great nightlife, fun activities, sexy vibe and topless optional where the majority of ladies will actually partake. Likely, at a lower price point than Breathless.

If I wanted to spend $500 a night while TTR was closed, I'd go to Desire - they have more plus points than Breathless, and no minus I can think of. If I wanted to spend $200-$300 I'd go to GP or Oasis Sens. Not perfect for TTR folks by any means, but at half the price of Breathless I'd take that.

I really don't understand why some want to spend $500 a night and go to what is largely a vanilla hotel. It's your money though, so spend it how you like :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  4. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    If you want a referral for Breathless let us know, Jodie & I bought in, but being a local I'm sure you & Janet could get a much better rate. It really is a better facility than TTR being brand new, things that are exactly the same as TTR is the topless (you can only be topless in the sexy pool), the people who go are the ones who make their vacations memorable not the resorts or hotel. So far with the 2 Holiday Inn Parties, which was the joke at TTR from the entertainment staff, have been very successful in many factors. Everyone getting together, having a blast, being open minded, playing silly games, making new friends and doing it all over again. The Holiday Inn parties are all people from TTR who've connected as friends, stayed in touch thru Cancuncare and Facebook and other avenues.

As for Breathless, the service, the food, the alcohol and the staff are all 10/10. They go out of their way to ensure your getting everything you paid for. On top of that, they also have 66 resorts and adding another 14 by 2018. It's a American company who owns them which makes the standards higher level compared to others.

Breathless Cancún is still less than a year old, so it's a baby and learning to walk, they have 530 room and with the resort being so large even if it had 1500 people there, you wouldn't think it was at capacity. There's room to relax and there's room to party. The biggest plus so far from our experience is everyone is treated the same, member or not. Same food, same level of service, same alcohol, 24/7 room service at no extra cost.

My biggest turn off for TTR wasn't the resort itself, but how management treated their guest who worked very hard year round to enjoy a week or two away only to find out..... insert complaint or lie here....! I think their term "no one knows you, no one gives a shit" is very relevant on how they treat there members and guest with constant lies and deceit.

Breathless Cancún will give TTR a run for their money, it's was a younger crowd when I was there in January also so I can't see how people in their early 20s to 40s is paying $500 a night. The rate we've seen through the referral program so far is approx $250 per night per couple in US currency, and that's for high season. Their other Breathless properties are cheaper, RM is the most expensive, the other plus perk is Desires nude beach is next store so a quick walk over to their beach and you're nude for the day!

We're going back again for Valentines for 10 days, I can't wait to sink my teeth into that 35oz steak again

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Tyler and Angie

Tyler and Angie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,018 / 2
    Steve, we completely agree with you on the Breathless and RM resorts. They try to make there websites sexy as to trap the people who are looking for a sexy vibe but don't really offer much to assist once your there.

I do have a few concerns about the new TTR. We've been told by someone that we know to be close to the family that owns TTR that there are some changes coming that some CCC people may not like. I don't think it will change the sexy vibe and may even give it a better "image" for those pesky trip advisor reviews that seem to not get the whole TTR vibe. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We're booked for the opening week, so I guess we'll know soon enough. :eek:

6. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    Nope, Desire RM security won't let anyone that dosen't have a Desire wristband stay on their beach area - same rules as all the other AI resorts....

FYI - the public part of all the beaches in Mexico only extends to the high water mark :(

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  7. MRMRSDIESEL

MRMRSDIESEL Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    If this isnt a sales pitch, I dont know what is...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    walking around the Desires beach nude is allowed while we stayed at Breathless, they didnt get asked for wristbands, you can also walk around in shorts, no one cares or bothered us, Breathless doesnt use wristbands either, they just ask your name and room number to confirm who you are.

as for topless pool, its at the party pool, some do it some dont, people do have phones out using there free wifi so it does have the ladies second guessing sometimes.

Our trip was Jan 3, 2017 for 7 days and were heading back Feb 24th 2017, for another 10 days

They need to start enforcing no cell phones around the topless pool (cameras) then you will see more topless I believe

9. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Steve,

We have been to lots of adult only resorts up and down the Myan Riviera/Cancun. Excellence was nice, but very vanilla (it did have a night club though). Secrets resorts are boring but very nice (but we would not go again). Riu is getting outdated. Royal is sleeping by 10 pm. Breathless RC is the only one we have decided to go back to for another ten day trip. the food and accommodations were perfect. There is plenty of topless fun in the pool and the large Jacuzzi until early morning hours. It is more erotic that a frat party. What Breathless won't have is the loud obnoxious 40+ year old American pretending he is at a frat party and acting the fool that everyone hates. The price point keeps that guy away (hopefully).

The entertainment can be cheesy but it's that way everywhere, including Temptations. The staffs try hard.

And rooms are not $500, unless you don't know how to shop. You can find a run of house room for low 300's. We got 10 days beach front coming up in June for $385 a night.

Breathless RC is hands down the best couples resort on the Yucatan (no you can't walk around with your shlong hanging out). The hotel is looking for guests who want the fun/EDM/Skimpy bikini style. Hopefully the new Temptations can give it a run for the money.

We will try the new Temptations in December. we would go earlier, but construction in Mexico has never met an opening date.

J & K

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice