Bottle service

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cancunlover25, Mar 6, 2012.

1. cancunlover25

cancunlover25 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I have read a few people talking about bottle service on here. What are you guys thoughts on bottle service, considering its usually open bar when u get into these clubs. Is there still an advantage to getting a bottle and how much does it usually cost?

2. OhYeahhh

OhYeahhh Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its a good idea i reckon.

Its an open bar, but its a f'ng nightmare getting drinks... In The City last year you had to queue to order your drinks, pay and get a slip of paper, and then queue again to use your slip of paper to "pick up" your drinks. It was a f'ng joke to be honest

Considering you gotta tip those mexicans 20 bucks a time you might aswell shell out for bottle service and not bother with the hassle

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  3. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Sorry you had such a bad experience with open bar, friendo. Fortunately not all of the clubs are like that. It's a very simple process, you pay for open bar, get a bracelet, find a bartender, stick with said bartender and you are set for the night. "Those Mexicans" that you speak of work damn hard to earn our money so how about being a bit more respectful. You don't have to tip them 20 bucks at a time to get them to take care of you, you just have to be friendly, a few dollars here and there, and be patient with them. If you're good to a bartender, they will be good to you.

As for the bottle service, it's way easier to go that route, if you have the means, and the group to do it. It's usually a bit more expensive, which is why I suggest a larger group. You don't have to get up and wait at the bar, you have the stuff right in front of you, just hope you like one kind of alcohol. They do, however, bring you a plethora of mixers so that helps.

4. jfcombs13

jfcombs13 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What exactly is bottle service? I'm from SC and I've never heard of it

5. pnm246

pnm246 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you get a table and usually 1 bottle per 3 people of some type of average alcohol. you can get better alcohol but you usually have to tip more. i have only gone out two nights in cancun without bottle service and that was at coco bongo and slices but any other night i've had it. its a lot easier especially to meet girls if you have a table you just give them some of your alcohol so they dont have to wait in line for drinks at the bar, plus its always a place to meet up with your group since everyone ends up loosing each other throughout the night. i also know at some clubs such as bulldog you can just tip 15-20usd for a bottle of champagne.

6. Princess015690

Princess015690 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    i've always had bottle service at the city, but never paid more then the 40USD for the wristband for open bar? At the city, we get um Ketel One.

7. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bottle service in big cities is the only way to get into the really popular clubs if you are dudes. Vegas, Miami, NYC, Chicago, etc. There is usually a minimum like 4 people per bottle for an average club. $1500+ for a nice club. Having bottles and a table is nice because then you don't have to fight the crowd and it attracts girls.

Bottle service in Cancun is much much cheaper. Everything is negotiable in Mexico so you ask for it before you go in, negotiate to a price that you think is reasonable. And if you tip the waiter well, he will keep on bring you bottles after bottles. In comparing to what I'm used to in the US, it really costs basically nothing to do bottle service in Cancun.

And like Fletch said, have some respect for the people who are taking care of you. It's really common sense. You want people to give you special treatment, you need to give them a good reason to. If you treat the wait staff like you really appreciate what they are doing for you instead of acting like one of the many many many jackass tourists, I can guarantee you you will get the best service.

8. cancunlover25

cancunlover25 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah that makes perfect sense... like I know everything is negotiable in Mexico, but like what should i consider a good deal when I ask for bottle service. Like I know in Vagas and NYC you can be paying as much as $1500, I live in denver and I pay about $250-$350 in a good club and I can imagine cancun will be less, but how much lower is it for lets say 5 people.

9. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we usually do open Bar cover plus $20/person/bottle.

10. Princess015690

Princess015690 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Is that price on top of open bar? Maybe cause i'm female?? But each time I went to the City, I paid for 40$ for open bar.. and always got a table with kettle one vodka, pineapple, cranberry, and orange juice mixers. Hm. And sometimes if you wanted a drink, they would bring me out pitchers of the drink I ordered.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice