Booze Cruise May 12th "Roll Call"

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bombdog, Apr 24, 2007.

1. bombdog

bombdog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    O.K. Berries, Barnstyke, O.H. Travellady, TravelDog, JoLiverpool and any others that would like to make it a date. I have done a bit of looking around and found that the Fat Tuesday's "Booze Cruise" does still operate.
    For 40$ we get open bar, dinner and a show on Isla Majures, not to mention all the activities "i.e. Drinking". So with that I would like to officaly make the invitation to all that are interested in attending.

We could hit Coco Bongs afterwards if we are all still walking.
    Just put your names down and we will get down.

See everyone in 16 long days!!!
    :daveandmo:

2. JoLiverpool

JoLiverpool Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

Couldnt u change it to the Sunday - already got something on the Sat ha ha

Jo

3. barnstyke

barnstyke Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Bombdog

My wife and boats don’t really mix, she’s ok on a ferry as long as the sea is flat calm. Need to get her drunk and get her to agree in front of witnesses to have a chance. LOL

Daz.

4. LiTTLEMiSSJENNA

LiTTLEMiSSJENNA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BOOZEE CRUISEEE.. YAYY im inn... But i really wanna do the booze bus tour tooo!!!

How long does the boat tour last??

i hope i dont fall overboard :oops: lmaoo

5. bombdog

bombdog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry Daz wish you could make it, I def. understand though. I did look into all the dates over that time frame and all I could come up with was Sat the 12th because all the other plans for Meet-up's. We might be able to change it to Friday the 11th but I know Karen and T-Dog have a day trip and may not be able to make it back in time.

The cruise departs Playa Tortugus pier at 6:30 and arrives back at
    9:30/10:00 then you are free to stay and drink at Fat Tuesdays with an open bar.

Think about it, maybee we could change the date if everyone is up for it...

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Just wanted to check that the source of your info is still up to date.

There are various night cruises that leave from Playa Tortugas but the old Fat Tuesday (previously located at Playa Tortugas) has been closed for over a year.

It could be that you're referring to the relocated Fat Tuesday which is at El Embarcadero, about ten minutes bus ride away.... but then I'd wonder about the open bar being included. Plus the $40 for the whole night including open bar afterwards does seem very cheap to me, and makes me wonder if you might have come across a website that hasn't been updated for a year or more.

I wouldnt want you to arrange a meet up and it not work out as expected.

BTW I've resized the avatars for bombdog and Jenna to the regular sizes, hope that's OK with you both.

7. bombdog

bombdog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve, actually I found the info under the home page of Cancun Care. The price did reflect that it could be from 40/56$ depending on the night, I also checked a few other sites but was not sure of the information until I read it on CancunCare. Thanks for clearing this up and if you have any advice I would appreciate it.

8. bombdog

bombdog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just checked my info I found it under other tours it lists "Carribean Carnival" once you click on the cruise it directed me to a reservation point that mentioned "playa tortuas"

All that aside could you help with this "Meet-Up" I would like to make sure that we have all our ducks in a row. In the past we had gone to Fat Tuesday's and paid for the cruise at the bar, once that was done they gave us wrist bands to board a double deck fairy. Does the new Fat Tuesdays still offer this? Thanks for the help.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Ok, I just checked. I take it you mean this page?

Caribbean Carnaval

The only price I see displayed is $56 and I dont see mention of Fat Tuesday. Departure is indeed Playa Tortugas, the dock is still there even if the old Fat Tuesday is not. That said I've had problems in the past with these links (via Best Day) "geo-targetting". That means showing different information to people based on their geographical location.

I think the Caribbean Carnaval is probably a little different (more of a Cuba or Pirate style show, depending on the night) than the "famous" Booze cruise. I'm pretty sure that Fat Tuesday aren't part of it anymore, although I cant say that for sure. The new Fat Tuesday Manager posts here, username: fat_staff you could try sending him a PM if you want to check.

I'd like to help with setting up a cruise or something, thing is though we'd need 25 or more for a day cruise and 40+ for a night cruise, for us to hire in a boat specially. I dont think we'll get those numbers for this timeframe, so that's why the Dady Rock thing is going ahead on the 14th where we dont need a minimum number.

I can point you in the direction of regular tours/cruises. But obviously I have no control over the itinerary and prices etc.

10. bombdog

bombdog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool, I will continue to look. The cruises that I have been on before were fun and worth the price but I wasnt sure of all the info this time with all the changes. Again thanks for your help and if you do hear of a cruise that you might recomend would you please post it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice