Bookings through Hotels.com

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by HenryandJoni, Jan 24, 2017.

1. HenryandJoni

HenryandJoni Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My wife and I booked a stay as Grand Oasis Sens through Hotels.com. Has anyone experienced a problem with check in such as being asked to move to another resort? If so how did you avoid it? We don't want to stay anywhere else. Thanks for your advice in advance.

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Arrive early in the morning .

Some say booking directly with the hotel is better .

Avoid Hotel /room re-sellars,, look at the booking to see who is booking the room ,,, places Like Trivago , Hotels .com ,, they don't actually book your room , they re-direct you to a third party site,, so be carefull there

3. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    We wont arrive in Cancun until 3:35 and most likely wont be at the hotel much before 4:30. I have called and confirmed our reservation so we hope it will go seamless.

4. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    resellars will reserve your room but not pay it till 30 days before the booking ( minimum)

A confirmed reservation , does not mean the room is paid .

If the hotel sells out before the 30 day mark , this is where things happen .

They ( hotels) will probably take direct booking at the higher rate and bump others that haven't yet paid .( do you blame them ?? )

This is all speculation on my part taken from years of travel .

Odds are your fine , :) ,, just commenting cause you asked

5. HenryandJoni

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks Donald for the information. Last time we booked through Groupon and were given a "free week" if we went to another hotel. We did and the next day went to visit the hotel we originally booked in. After some prompting from a new friend I went and spoke with Valentina and magically we were found a room. Was told if it happened again, to simply say no that we want a room where we booked. I hope we wont run into this again. Thanks again for the response.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice